Posts by MaurorLess67

Hi GuysI wanted to share a tip I discovered today- it may have already been posted- or some of you may know this already but- I am thinking I could be a genious here-ha!!So, one issue I was having when using The Mat (which I LOVE), by Sweetwise, was that it would slide all over the table- I placed a square of shelf non-stick underneath it when rolling and it did not budge-- nor did it leave any indentations/marks on the bottom of my fondant- worked like a charm!!Also, I...
I know it takes time, energy and patience to get your caking business started- definitely don't budge on your proces- you will be sorry you did- sorry while you are in the midst of making the discounted a cake and for some time after. Start thinking like the movie- Field of Dream- "build it and they will come".In the meantime- to keep your skills up- 1) IcingSmiles is a GREAT organization- you will feel fantastic and humbled after you donate your cakes 2) Maybe you could...
I just posted the two cakes that you mentioned in my pics- I had to make both an xbox (white) and an Ipod- they were not too hard- just leave yourself enough time.I still have to practicing getting cleaner cakes- but,, it is starting to get easier-I think either ine is a good choice-
Thank you so much for your suggestions- I just couldn't think of what to do with Bart--Thanks Again!!
Hi Guys-I'm making a surprise 40th birthday cake for a friend- He LOVES the Simpsons- so I am making Homer lounging on the couch with a JETS jersey (another of the birthday boy's favorites)- holding a remote and a Duff can of beer. The TV will be cake as well- withthe game (edible image I think) playing. I also wanted to add Bart - because he is such a character- and I thought I would put him behind the couch doing something naughty- I don't really watch the show- so...
Oh good- thank you so much!
Hi Guys-Quick question- I have a lot of white ganache left over-- can I store that in the freezer?Will it change the consistency and therefore not harden when I use in the future? Thanks for any infoMo
I have been having the same problem for months! I have emailed and posted- no response or solution to date- please share if you get an answer- Also- it takes FOREVER for the pages to load- they jump three times before it is actually loaded-I'm wondering of that is just my computer though-
Oriental Trading was going to be my suggestion as well. When I owned my children's party store- a make your own sundae shop (so cute!)-- I ordered from them ALL the time!
If you are using dummies- round the edges just a little with a small rolling pin, as they can tear your fondant-Coat the dummy with shortening- not too much. roll fondant out pretty thin- maybe- 1/8th of an inch if you can. When using a dummy to practice- they have a tendency to move around alot, try taping it down to a cake board or use the shelf line to help hold it in place. I never fail to poke my fondant- ugh! so frustrating- weather its my finger or the smoother-...