Posts by MaurorLess67

Rkt will be lighter the fondant- and less expensive- pack yhem tightlyand then cover- a skewer or dowel should be used to set your pinsI agree- different angles will get you a different look for each pinGood luck
Dawn-You are so welcome- I have had so many people offer advice, links, pics etc I'm so glad I was able to do the same .I know what you mean about posting pics- I JUST started posting pictures to my gallery a few months ago- That is one of the reasons I didn't have the pic so handy- ha. I have so many in my old phone- that I could/should post-- but... I'm self conscience too- I know - we all know - how much work, effort , thought, time and money goes into each and every...
Ok- I was able to get hold of a photo of the Phantom Cake- I tried posting in this message- but was unable- I posted it to my gallery- I will add the link to this message-Like I said I wish I had cut the mouth/lip portion out- but it was too late when I noticed itOnce I found the mask at the dollar store- my frustration of how to create this was over- I hope this helps- If you have any other questions don't hesitate- Can't wait to see your version-...
I rolled out the gumpaste- draped it over the mask and then cut around - you know like half down the middle- I cut out the eye- I rubbed around the inside of the so make sure the edges were smooth- For the next day or two- I wouldkind of move the mask around a lottle to make sure it wasn't sticking- I'm trying to charge up my phone so I can upload pics--- i think my sister has a copy- I will try and get that too-Mo
Hi Dawn-I did make a Phantom Cake last year- the pics are in my other phone- which have to upload the photos-It was black with a deep red rose on top/ red border and a gumpaste mask propped up against it- I will try and get the photo up today for you-What I did was... I found a Mardi Gras type of mask at the dollar store!! -- They have the Halloween decorations out now so you should be in good shape right now in finding masks- they actually had the phantom mask- but it...
Hi GuysI wanted to share a tip I discovered today- it may have already been posted- or some of you may know this already but- I am thinking I could be a genious here-ha!!So, one issue I was having when using The Mat (which I LOVE), by Sweetwise, was that it would slide all over the table- I placed a square of shelf non-stick underneath it when rolling and it did not budge-- nor did it leave any indentations/marks on the bottom of my fondant- worked like a charm!!Also, I...
I know it takes time, energy and patience to get your caking business started- definitely don't budge on your proces- you will be sorry you did- sorry while you are in the midst of making the discounted a cake and for some time after. Start thinking like the movie- Field of Dream- "build it and they will come".In the meantime- to keep your skills up- 1) IcingSmiles is a GREAT organization- you will feel fantastic and humbled after you donate your cakes 2) Maybe you could...
I just posted the two cakes that you mentioned in my pics- I had to make both an xbox (white) and an Ipod- they were not too hard- just leave yourself enough time.I still have to practicing getting cleaner cakes- but,, it is starting to get easier-I think either ine is a good choice-
Thank you so much for your suggestions- I just couldn't think of what to do with Bart--Thanks Again!!
Hi Guys-I'm making a surprise 40th birthday cake for a friend- He LOVES the Simpsons- so I am making Homer lounging on the couch with a JETS jersey (another of the birthday boy's favorites)- holding a remote and a Duff can of beer. The TV will be cake as well- withthe game (edible image I think) playing. I also wanted to add Bart - because he is such a character- and I thought I would put him behind the couch doing something naughty- I don't really watch the show- so...