Posts by MaurorLess67

My card was hit as well- a few months ago- my cc called me- I called GSA and they seemed "surprised"-- hmmm- I am going to have to go through all my accounts over the last year and check for fraudulent charges-   I have NO doubt they are losing MASSIVE business- it is a shame- but I will not shop through them anymore-    I know I would feel better if the owner sent a message to the many who have supported him for so long-
Cryssl-- Just saw your post--I don't use MMF- I know it can act differently then fondant- but, when first using The Mat- you have to "season" it. Rub Crisco or off brand (doesn't matter) on to The Mat and then wipe it off, leaving a very thin coat of the crisco on. You may have to season it more than once. You also my see some pock marks in your fondant until it is properly seasoned- I think mine was perfect after 3 or 4 times of prep and use.I would not use powdered...
Kate -- that was a great video!!! I am thoroughly impressed on how clean and tidy your work are remains-- my whole house is a disaster when I make a cake!The step by step and helpful hints were what every caker can relate to. I thought it was adorable when you would tep back and look/examine the cake in progress- and your son walking through the shot- he is a scene stealer!I really enjoyed it- you have convinced me to try making my own fondant- and I'm jealous as al...
Hi fun--It sounds like you want to put alot on an 8 inch cake-- it really is much smaller then you think- starts to fill up quick when you start adding things-- if you decide to add all you listed- maybe incorporate the sides of the cake into your design.I'm trying to picture what you are planning- I think that your design will represent his younger years as a fire fighter-- not sure you could seperate the earlier years from the later with what you have described.I'm...
Hi Guys-- Need some advice/ideas-- I have to start tomorrow-Making a cake for a friends, friends--- you know how that goes- haCouple moving from NY to St. Louis- party is for approx 50 ppl--So this is what I am thinking-1) a tiered cake with the NY skyline on one tier and the St Louis skyline on the other- or2) A moving box (or two) with packing peanuts etc- or3) a suitcase with stickers etc of the States...
Rkt will be lighter the fondant- and less expensive- pack yhem tightlyand then cover- a skewer or dowel should be used to set your pinsI agree- different angles will get you a different look for each pinGood luck
Dawn-You are so welcome- I have had so many people offer advice, links, pics etc I'm so glad I was able to do the same .I know what you mean about posting pics- I JUST started posting pictures to my gallery a few months ago- That is one of the reasons I didn't have the pic so handy- ha. I have so many in my old phone- that I could/should post-- but... I'm self conscience too- I know - we all know - how much work, effort , thought, time and money goes into each and every...
Ok- I was able to get hold of a photo of the Phantom Cake- I tried posting in this message- but was unable- I posted it to my gallery- I will add the link to this message-Like I said I wish I had cut the mouth/lip portion out- but it was too late when I noticed itOnce I found the mask at the dollar store- my frustration of how to create this was over- I hope this helps- If you have any other questions don't hesitate- Can't wait to see your version-...
I rolled out the gumpaste- draped it over the mask and then cut around - you know like half down the middle- I cut out the eye- I rubbed around the inside of the so make sure the edges were smooth- For the next day or two- I wouldkind of move the mask around a lottle to make sure it wasn't sticking- I'm trying to charge up my phone so I can upload pics--- i think my sister has a copy- I will try and get that too-Mo
Hi Dawn-I did make a Phantom Cake last year- the pics are in my other phone- which have to upload the photos-It was black with a deep red rose on top/ red border and a gumpaste mask propped up against it- I will try and get the photo up today for you-What I did was... I found a Mardi Gras type of mask at the dollar store!! -- They have the Halloween decorations out now so you should be in good shape right now in finding masks- they actually had the phantom mask- but it...