Posts by MaurorLess67

So—wish I was still 40 but… Alas Im not—and wow 6 years seems to really make a difference in what was popular while growing up- ha   Looking for ideas to add to a 40th bday cake- stuff that was popular growing up- from young—teens—kind of like a blast from the past cakes—   So far I have—aqua net hairspray, uno, nameplates, ankle bracelets, mtv, black band bracelets, slouch socks—rubix cube (??) magic 8 ball—   Do these ring true? Can anyone add...
Hi Guys--   Reaching out for some ideas-- ANY ideas!! Ha   The cake is for this Saturday- a friend of a friend- so not a lot of personal info available to me-- she is a nurse- who is taking a break from nursing (Im sure there is a story there but.. I don't know what it is) -- turning 40-- we are all going to a mutual friends house for St Paddy party-    I was asked to incorporate nursing theme- but.. since 40 birthday is a big milestone birthday-- I want to...
Hi Guys-   I was hoping someone can help me -- i have been struggling with my ganache- I think it may be because Im not using the right chocolate- yeah I think the nestle chips are not cutting it- ha   Can someone direct me where - what brand- cocoa content etc - I can/should buy the chocolate-both  chocolate a white chocolate-    Im willing to get the good stuff- as I am really trying to perfect the art of ganaching-    Also- can I make ahead of time and...
You can and should make it in advance- gum paste/fondant items last a very long time- keep it covered after it dries so it doesn't collect dust- be careful not to seal it up too soon or it will start to wilt- I still ave gum paste flowers I made over a year ago-   Mo
Hi Chris-- Your cake came out very nice-as I am a hobby baker, fairly new to the caking world-maybe 2 years- not steady- I thought I would share some of the tips that I have learned along the way-- that old adage- "practice makes perfect" really applies here- I just started posting pictures in my gallery-- on some cakes I see improvement- on others it looks like Ive gone backwards-ugh!!! Im just going to bullet point my suggestions- I would be happy to expand on anything...
I wanted to thank everyone for their advice and guidance- it was so helpful. I was able to make beautiful baby shower cookie favors- they really looked professional and I would not have been able to do that without all your advice. I didn't get a chance to take pictures as I pulled an all-nighter and finished bagging hem 10 minutes before they were picked up-- I'm so mad that I have no photos!!! I had no idea how long they would take-- I tried to do them with royal...
Thanks so much guys!!!   You guys are the best!!   So- you think that having them done about a week ahead and bagged would be ok right?-- I'm in NY so its not humid- actually a little chilly-    K8- I think adding the extra flavoring is a great idea!!   I'm a little nervous about doing these--- ugh--- I don't know why but I would feel so much more comfortable with 50-100 cupcakes- ha!!   Ok-- of too do a practice run- plus I want to time out how long...
Hi everyone-   As I have not made many cookies- I have a few questions-  I am making cookie favors for my cousins baby shower--   1) How thick should they be? -- I have NO idea about what is a good thickness?   2) How can I roll out NFS to the correct uniform thickness   3)-- I plan on decorating cookies-- about 50 total- with Royal and fondant-- how far in advance can I make and bag up the cookies-- I would like to be done the weekend before- but I'm not...
the new format on CC is making it VERY hard to find specific recipes and pics etc--- when I needed the NFS (No Fail Sugar Cookie) recipe-- I went to Google and typed in NFS Cookie Recipe and a few inks for it came up-- I used the one that was cake Central-- Antonia has a great royal icing recipe listed too-- you can Google that as well-   To make perfectly round shapes- first make sure your cutter is perfectly round- the plastic ones without seems are the best,-...
The Mat-- sold by Sweetwise -- one of my favorite tools ever! Self healing cutting mat- you can get at Michaels or Joannes etc Kitchen Aide mixer!!!! Set of paint brushes- various sizes so she can jazz up her work- Rolling cart with drawers so she can store and organize all her goodies Exacto knife and a sharp paring knife Different size length and width rulers THE FMM ribbon cutter!!! LOVE that thing Makins (green) extruder- essential Pearls- various colors- dragees...