Posts by MaurorLess67

Hi Guys- I am doing two Sweet Sixteen Cakes- both are three tiered - one due on Friday afternoon and the other is due Sunday afternoon- I would like to try and get done asap- with time to spare- (never seems to happen for me -ugh!!) Is filling and covering with ganache today- Tuesday- too early for a Friday cake??? I would normally wait till Wednesday or Thursday to cover- but.. Would like to leave myself some time- but not at the cost of a dry/stale cake- (I used WASC...
Hi Guys-- I actually have 2 questions- 1). Is there ANYWHERE I can order or buy edible music sheets for a Broadway themed cake?? Ooh I need it by next week- ugh!!!! Feeling desperate!! 2) when making modeling chocolate with Witon candy melts, can I add regular Ameri Gel colors ( the ones I use to color fondant) or do I have to use oil based-- (is there any real chocolate in those anyway- ha!!) Thanks for any gudance on these two questions Mo
Hi Guys-   I wanted to let people know that I just finished Jessica's Craftsy class and it was so good!!!      PERFECTION-- that is how I would describe this course- content, presentation, and versatility, yup- perfection.   I have never wanted to work with modeling chocolate before and now I can't wait- and I'm even going to give MMF a shot.  Jessica's presentation, techniques and ideas are really good!!  I am so happy I bought the class- I saw that Peggy...
Ill give these another go-- I must have been careless-- thanks guys!
Hi Guys--   So- I'm so frustrated- every time I try and store left over fondant/gumpaste it gets rock hard-- I have tried a few ways- cling wrap- ziplock - containers--   How do you guys store your fondant and gumpaste so that it stays soft?   Mo
Aurora-- I know exactly how you feel!! This must be going around-- Ellavanilla has posted a similar post a few days ago with a lot of responses (mine included)-- take a look- I know I felt a little better after reading it- you know that old adage- misery loves company- ha!  No- Just kidding, everyone was/is so supportive with their comments, advise and experiences-   I think, one good cake will get us "back in"-- :)   Mo
I would probably use at least 3-- but then I think I use too many all the time-- ha   But 11x15 at least three right down the center   Mo
WOW!!   You did an EXCELLENT job!!   Really, I'm not just saying that!! Good for you!  Be careful, it gets addicting!   You will find so much info on this site and best of all, the members are so supportive and helpful- welcome!   I'm in a cake funk right now, so-- its so nice to read about someone getting excited-- I suggest, rent, buy as many tutorials as you can- Sharon Zambitos- Buttercream video is a must have!!! Craftsy is always running sales-...
I can't believe you just posted this Ella-- I signed on tonight specifically to post almost the same thing!!!    I have been so disappointed in my cakes lately-- they just seem so subpar :( i have even stopped posting pictures of them- that's how disappointed I am--    I know that there are things I can/and should be doing that would help, but... I don't know what happens---    1) I never seem to have enough time- no matter what 2) I still have not figured...
Omg-- you guys are the best!!! Such great ideas!!!! Whoo hoo- I can get started-- thank you for the link!! Neon--- wasn't sure where that fit in -- so glad I can use it!!  Yeah I thought the magic 8 ball might been a stretch- I was starting to get desperate- ha!!   hoping this will be a fun cake to make-- we will see- ha   thanks again guys!! mo