Posts by MaurorLess67

Hi EveryoneOk- going to make another investment in my "hobby"-- one of many -ughI am in desperate need of the letter cutters- I would LOVE to hear as many opinions that I can get- and where di you get them? so you feel that buying the upper and lower is a good investment- etc- stuff like that-Also- what is everyone using to cut the perfect circles- in foamcore- and cardboard- wood- etc- whattool are you using to draw it? and then what tool are you using to get such clean...
It does look like airbrushing- if you don't have an air brush I would try dry bushing with petal dust- make sure you practice on a spare peice of fondant first!!! I think the sprays they sell might be a little too heavy- unless you hold the can pretty far away- I would definietly practice that technique alsoCan't wait to see the finished productGood LuckMo
Pebbles,I had this happen to me with my orevious business (A make- your-own sundae- childrens party store)-- it was just the cutest thing EVER!!! There was a women- who first started calling me and acted like a customer- asked tons of questions- I started to get hip to her- I then was vague in my answers- a few months later she opened a store almost exactly like mine one town away- ugh!!!Not long after that- I had the health department breathing down my neck non-stop. It...
I missed the Club last night It was pouring rain here in NY- just downpours! But strange- couldn't decide if I was freezing/damp but at the same time- sweating from the humidity- ugh! Conditions kinda knocked me out.I have to make a "snake" cake for Monday- long stiry short- my mom sent out an email invite for her office Sept. birthdays and included a typo of "snake cake instead of "snacks and cake"-- well there was so much buzz and excitiement about this "snake cake" --...
Hi Everyone-Well in an email invite my mother's typo read "cocktails and snakes" or somrthing like that- she meant to type snacks- well theis is much buzz about this "snake cake"-- she has asked me to work some magic- there will only be 8-10 people.I was hoping someone can help me come up with a different- not typical- cupcake snake, or cut-up arranged bundt cake-- I would like it to be cute also-Tough one right?Thanks in advance for any suggestionsMo
Hi Everyone- Leah- best of luck in your new venture- You were very very busy this weekend- wow - I don't think I will ever be able to manage my time like that!!I just finished my 5th cake ever!!! Yeah a newbie But I have to tell you- it really came out great!!! I think I have a knack for this!!! and believe me- I am very hard on myself usually! I will post my pics once I figure out how-- My friend had a boob reduction- ( a D cup was taken off each one- and she is...
I was thinking it may also be a good idea to have ready-to-eat items available to sell - cute cupcakes/cookies cakeballs etc- I know that when I'm walking around a fair/bazzar it is VERY hard for me to pass up a cupcake!! Who doesn't like a cupcake??? I'm sure they will be yummy and that would encourage patrons to buy more merchandise that may keep longer- think teacher gifts which are given earlier then Christmas- babysitters- etc... 100 pieces may not be enough!Good...
Thinking of giving stencils a try also- fingers crossed
I don't know much about the circuit stuff, but I do recall reading that the sheets have been effected (or is it affected?? I never get that right) by the grease in the buttercream- I would think you would have to wait as long as possible- again just what I read- I apologize if it is misleading.As for the Topsy-Turvy cake- yes, you must use cake circles under each tier as well as dowel support.Good luckMo
Oh Jessica- I'm anxiously awaiting the video of the Aussie technique-- I have viewed your upside-down techniques a few times (no.. I'm not stalking-ha), but- I cant seem to get it to work that great for me- Thank you to both you and Jeff for sharing it- I need some desperate help- ha!! A picture is worth a thousand words!!Also- Thank you to all CC's who are so kind in sharing their knowledge, their encouragemnet, their beautiful photos and not least, their support- it...