Posts by MaurorLess67

Hi Everyone- Leah- best of luck in your new venture- You were very very busy this weekend- wow - I don't think I will ever be able to manage my time like that!!I just finished my 5th cake ever!!! Yeah a newbie But I have to tell you- it really came out great!!! I think I have a knack for this!!! and believe me- I am very hard on myself usually! I will post my pics once I figure out how-- My friend had a boob reduction- ( a D cup was taken off each one- and she is...
I was thinking it may also be a good idea to have ready-to-eat items available to sell - cute cupcakes/cookies cakeballs etc- I know that when I'm walking around a fair/bazzar it is VERY hard for me to pass up a cupcake!! Who doesn't like a cupcake??? I'm sure they will be yummy and that would encourage patrons to buy more merchandise that may keep longer- think teacher gifts which are given earlier then Christmas- babysitters- etc... 100 pieces may not be enough!Good...
Thinking of giving stencils a try also- fingers crossed
I don't know much about the circuit stuff, but I do recall reading that the sheets have been effected (or is it affected?? I never get that right) by the grease in the buttercream- I would think you would have to wait as long as possible- again just what I read- I apologize if it is misleading.As for the Topsy-Turvy cake- yes, you must use cake circles under each tier as well as dowel support.Good luckMo
Oh Jessica- I'm anxiously awaiting the video of the Aussie technique-- I have viewed your upside-down techniques a few times (no.. I'm not stalking-ha), but- I cant seem to get it to work that great for me- Thank you to both you and Jeff for sharing it- I need some desperate help- ha!! A picture is worth a thousand words!!Also- Thank you to all CC's who are so kind in sharing their knowledge, their encouragemnet, their beautiful photos and not least, their support- it...
Ok- so... I don't think that I have ever been able to make a batch of buttercream correctly- ugh! I have used both Indy's and Sugarshack's ( thanks for sharing ladies)- soo. Indy's seemed to have a yellow color-I used Hi- Ratio shortening but I think it was an off brand (it tasted great though) and I just made Sugarshack's- no airbubbles-not griddy- tastes great but - I don't think it's crusting-I am able to use the paper towel method and get a very smooth finishon both--...
save
Yup- Magic Line pans added to my Christmas list- (double sets of odd and even sizes) and an Agbay-- I better be a very good girl this year!!!!
That's what I was hoping for Indy- by the way- I'm using YOUR buttercream!!! just love love love it!!! First time I have ever been able to get a buttercreram to crust! Thanks Mo
Hi Guys-Sorry if this is a repeat question- I can NOT seem to ever get the search to display what I need- I want to practice smoothing buttercream on both round and square dummies- I have covered them in press and seal- thought I saw that somewhere but the buttercream is not really sticking well to it-- should I just cover the styrofoam dummie without any covering- I plan on taking it on and off as I need much practice- and also practicing with fondant-Any...