Posts by MaurorLess67

I think it may be possible to cut a strip of fondant- size and shaped needed- apply dragees etc while laying flat on work surfice and then apply the decorated fondant stip around the tier-- thats what I would try-
Hi Torting is when you have a layer and after leveling you cut that layer in half dam it and add your filling-- to create a dam-- use your filling buttercream and add extra powdered sugar so that it is thicker than your filling- pipe with a bage and coupler or a large round tip- this keeps the filling in and also after settling fills in the whole-empty space between layers. After cake has settled scrape the excess dam or filling off or up around the cake. Here is the...
When you take the cakes out of the freezer- a few days before the party- 3 at the most to ensure freshness (IMO) -- let them come to room temperature or slightly frozen while still wrapped. Tort- or level at this time-- stack and fill your cakes-- use a damn to minimize bulging- allow time or them to settle-- overnight (a plastic grocery bag /doubled works good) I also put a book on top. Since you are making 6 layers -- be sure to use a second cake circle in between - so...
I would try to be flattered- it would have been nice if a notation was made "inspired by- copied/recreated etc". I have on many occasions made those notations-- I always try to contact the original designer and ask permission- or send my cake photo-- Im only a hobby baker so I don't sell my work- I have read many posts by cake designers on this forum and facebook who get VERY upset when their original work is not referenced- and sometimes even when it is...
Hi Jason- Welcome to Cake Central-- it is the best-- anything you need, it is probably here and if it isn't one of our fellow cakers will steer you in the right direction- everyone is so nice, helpful, generous and encouraging! There was a thread going for Peer Review- not sure if it s still going- hopefully someone can "sticky" it or maybe the moderators can make a section just for that purpose- I am not a professional cake maker/designer but have been hobby decorating...
You canget the bling ribbon at Michael's or ACMoorea and you can use a coupon- they have a lot of different styles- Another way to kick it up a notch is to place it on a really nice cake base/stand-- that makes a big difference- Maybe add a touch of scroll work - not too much and place some dragees or pearls randomly-- simple elegant with a little bling-
I woud be nowhere if it wasn't for CC- the support from other cakers and the information is pricless! I want to add some thingsthat aven't been mentioned- 1) using shelf lining to hold cakes/boards etc in place 2) SPS-- stacking system and a HUGE thank you o Leah for the Sticky with instructions and pictures 3) the referrals to sites for purchasing supplies and accessing tutorials 4) using a self healing cutting mat- avaiable in many diffrent sizes at Joannes and...
Rem-- can you explain how and when you place the chocolate bar?-- on top of the filling under the cake?
Another thing to think of - which I find essential and still have not mastered is storage- storage that makes sense not only in harnessing the growing boxes of equipment and supplies, but access- spending time looking for things is quite aggravating!  I have seen such cool ideas for storage-    thimble holders for tips, a curtain rod or paper towel holder for ribbon - clear canisters to hold cupcake wrappers, rolling carts with draws for tools, a fold up satchel type...
Hi Tra--   I do think there is a difference between the Wilton and the SPS I order from Oasis-- not sure if it is a mental difference but... I only trust the SPS from Oasis-  when I order (which I hate too) I always order multiple sets of each size, typically it is the one I don't have on hand that I need- Murphy's Law.   It DOES make a huge difference that the cakes are flush with the top of the legs-- I am not fortunate enough to own an agbay leveler (yet!!)...