Posts by MaurorLess67

Did they change something with the Satin Ice formula??? I have been having the same problem- and the fondant feels much softer! UGH!!!
These are some really great tips on how to achieve Navy--- it is hard to get that one right-- gonna give these a shot -- thanks guys! Mo
Hi Annie-- I have to do a beer mug cake -- pouring from a bottle-- can you share some of the tutorial links-- or guide me in the right direction-- Ill be using fondant I think Thanks or any help! Mo
Hi Gus-- Im sure this question has been asked and answered 10000 times on CC- i have been googling and. Trying to use the search feature to no avail-- I am looking for info on best place and brand of choc to order for ganache to use on cake under fondant- I know the callet/buttons are the best I guess- 60-70% cocoa for semi-sweet and 35% for white- I just can't land on a place to order from-and kind/brand- ANY suggestions please I am doing a few cakes next weekend and...
Good Morning J-- So as uncomfortable as I am giving critiques - I think it's important-- as a home/hobby baker myself-- I'm sure my friends and family don't always tell me the whole truth- they don't want to hurt my feelings and when getting a free cake-- how much can they really say right? Ok- so-- as a home baker- not a professional this is what I see- -- --the border dots all look pretty uniform in size (not easy to do!!) but maybe dab them to eliminate the tail...
Sounds like you may have worked the fondant too much--- it may be lost. I have never added water to my fondant-- so I don't know what kind of effect that has on it-- Next time I would add Glycerine- it really helps with dry/cracking fondant- the shortening was a good call too- After adding the glycerine and / or the shortening let the fondant rest a few minutes- wrapped well in plastic wrap-- That is the only advice I can think of-- except if the fondant hardens while...
This is my first time posting a cake for review-- The following cake was inspired by Blue Sheep Bakery- it took me a LONG time to figure out the shape and how to make the cuts-- Ill try and post an initial picture then the link to the other photos in my gallery that has the description- any and all advice/comments are welcomed-Im pretty sure my friends and family are not as honest as they should be - ha The link ( I...
I have only done a few sculpted cakes- making that first cut is the hardest part-- ha!!! There is a description- hints etc under each cake in the gallery- the Homer cake came out better than expected AND-- I happen to be out in the City with the Executive Producer of The Simpsons the night before that cake was delivered--- she wanted to send pics to the creator and illustrator of the show!!! I hope she didnt-- ha!!!!
I just made a striped bass last week--it is in my photos-- I carved a 9x13 covered in ganache- getting the shape and scale was a little challenging-- I was not doing well at first-- then it came to me-- I. Built up the mouth with RKT and shaped fondant to create depth, big lips and and eye socket--covered the ganached cake with the shaped fondant with LMF fondant-- hand dusted and painted- gumpaste fins Honestly, once the light bulb went on on how to proceed it was...
You are off to a great start-- I will give a few if my suggestions- only because you asked- I am by far not a professional but have picked up a few things along the way: 1) the Craftsy classes are excellent as well as My Cake School (small yearly fee) 2) I just started using LMF fondant (Liz M from The Cake Artisan generously posted and shared the recipe AND a Youtube instruction video!!! LMF is SO great I can't even put into words!!!) 3) use a good size and thickness of...