Posts by jdogga

I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO MAKE A CAKE COVERED IN CHOCOLATE SLAB LIKE PIECES ( I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE)...AND I'M LOOKING FOR THE EASIEST WAY TO DO THIS!! I DON'T USUALLY WORK WITH CHOCOLATE BUT I'M UP FOR THE CHALLENGE!!PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS LET ME KNOW AS I AM NEED OF SOME DESPERATE HELP! THE WEDDING IS ON THE 20TH OF JULY!!THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!![img][/img]
Hello,I have a bride who is inquiring about a 3 tiered cake with the sides of each tier covered in chocolate cigar twirly things!! I have never done these before and need help with pricing! She wants really good chocolate so it will cost me more!Any quick help would be much appreciated!!!Thanks!!!J
a bench scraper is the BEST invention ever for buttercream! You can find it at paint or hardware stores...make sure it's metal! It's what bread bakers use to cut their dough and drywallers use to mud!!You use it to smooth out buttercream when it has hardened...As for Sylvia's buttercream I'm assuming it's a cooked swiss or italian buttercream!HTH
I use MMF for all of my cakes...I tried the 'fluff' recipe and it DID NOT work!!! I stick with the actual marshmallows and although it's a pain in the butt to make, it covers well and tastes great!!!
My trend...CUPCAKES! This seems to be the big thing for my brides ( and even corporate events)!
I have been asked to make Rarity (a My Little Pony) and am wondering if anyone knows if there is a my little pony or just a pony pan??
I'm just wondering if anyone has made a large order of cupcakes and froze them iced before?? I have had a request for 150 cupcakes (half chocolate with buttercream, have carrot with cream cheese icing)...the kicker is...I'm leaving for Germany Dec 24th and the wedding is Dec 29th. They have asked me to make them ahead of time iced, and freeze them...is this possible??? How would I store them??? Any help would be much appreciated!Thanks
They look fantastic! I would charge more than $2 next time!!! Great work!
Hi everyone, I am having trouble uploading photos...it says that the memory is full. Is anyone else having this problem? I emailed one of the moderators a few days ago but I haven't heard and it's still not letting me upload pics!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have this problem when I add colour to the mmf...my white usually turns out great but when there is colour in it...it breaks apart and crumbles too!!