Posts by Lynne3

I have always used a frosting like buttercream under my fondant. I am now going to frost with a rather firm ganache instead. Does the fondant adhere to the ganache, or do I have to soften it a bit first so it has some grab to it?? 
Since the only interesting side is probably the front of the restaurant, I don't think it has to be a rectangular or square building cake.  You can do the square thing , or do a round cake with a built up restaurant scene.  Either way looks great, but using the round approach lets you do a blue sky and other touches that I think add a lot  
I think if you want her business, use your picture being chosen as an asset.     " molded sleeping babies and I don't do those because to me they look dead, not asleep."  I use to agree.  But then I did one.  It really looked fine.
The Satin Ice color chart is amazingly accurate and easy to see online.  For a true deep purple use Satin Ice 50% red and 50% blue.   That'as right, don't buy the purple if you want a DEEP 
I wouldn't pipe it in BC.  Too messy.  If you do a BC transfer it will look nice.  You can also cut it out of fondant.  Allow to dry and make your BC real smooth that will be beneath it.     I think the BC transfer would look the best, but stick with your comfort level.
I think if  you look up Hot Air baloon sweets table you will get a lot of ideas.  Next you have to change the balloon look to a wishing balloon, as well as darken the sky to dark eggplant and add some gold.stars.  Look up hot air balloon cakes, cupcakes etc.    
http://deborahhwangcakes.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-make-ben-10-cake.html
You don't need to do candles.  Do mini LED lights or fairy berries http://www.save-on-crafts.com/fairyberries.html They look great and add a nice glow. How about not worrying about the desserts and make one nice table centerpiece that unifies the theme. Did they pick a color scheme for their lanterns?  That's another way to approach a tie in
Is the theme those wishing lanterns that get released, and fly up into the sky?
Thank you all sooo much.  You are amazing