Posts by Lynne3

I use the SPS or coast system for stacking and always deliver the cakes fully assembled.  This cake was delivered Saturday, fully assembled.  It was over 1 hour away.
The hill and or the lorry would be like a second tier on top of your sheet cake.   You would just create that truck or hill, place it on a cardboard cake round (that you cut to fit under the truck or hill) and place dowels beneath. There would be no weight on the sheetcake.  All the weight would be transferred to the bottom board.  
A lorry is a bus, right?  Sorry but I'm guessing here.   This is a bus cake I did years ago.  It was really easy and fun 
First off, I'm sorry this happened to you.  I have never had fondant melt, and you appeared to  put so much work into it. I would have given a 100% refund Try experimenting with that fondant.  You never want it to happen again and I'm sure it was very upsetting.  Was the fondant white to begin with?  Did you add food coloring?
I store it in a container with a lid to keep the light away from it. I do not make it air tight.   I am not in a high humidity area so that  is not really a concern.  I add Wilton gumtex to the fondant so it gets a bit harder. Funny, that's the only wilton product I use.  If you are in a high humidity area make a bed of rice at the bottom of the box or container.     
I would add a bit of Gumtex to my fondant.     The time ahead that you can create it is unlimited except for 2 things.   1 - Make sure you store it away from where ants or other insects can get to it and 2 - Purple fondant fades Green can also fade a bit.  .  To get around it is you can make the tower completely before, but I would add the roof and flowers and vines close to the date.   
CAN YOU POST THE INVITE PICTURE SO OTHERS CAN REALLY HELP YOU
First off, I really love your cake.  The details are fun and interesting.  The cat tails and rocks and other additions are spot on. For your figurine legs, mix the fondant with a little Wilton Gumtex.  It makes it stronger and faster to set so there is less stretching time. As for theface.  Use the rule that the eyes are in the center of the face.  You placed them up a bit which makes the character less inviting.  Also, big eyes add a lot of punch to a figurine....
yes.  Cut a circle parchment the same size as the bottom of your pan.  Also remember to spray the sides of your pan.  never fails
Pastillage dries very hard.  But the down side to using it, is that it also dries very quickly.  Because of that, I do not use it for figurine faces. Your other edible options are rolled fondant (sugar paste), or gum paste (flower paste) , or modeling chocolate.   If you can use non edible then go with polymer clay.  It stays pliable until you bake it.   Choose your sculpting medium based on your skill level. Fondant and gum paste harden much quicker then modeling...