Posts by Lynne3

I always use Wilton Gum-tex for bows. I like it much better then tylose powder.  It's the only wilton product I use
I would not make it from one piece.  I think the details will make it or break it. Make it out of RKT , in at least two parts.  Cover that in chocolate melts, and then coat it over in thin fondant.   Make your separate pieces (bumper, lights. door, mirrors) in a refined way and attach at the end. 
wish we had it in NYC
Delete it.  Do not respond. And yes - leah is right. Raise your prices
Do you know what % of your business sales are from walk-in clienteel = cupcakes and cakes not pre-ordered. custom order clientele - special order cakes and cupcakes   Sometimes we keep on going on the treadmill and don't see where our $ comes from.  I think providing more information on your business would help
what type of wedding cake?  Complicated details, flowers, etc
I use an airbrush.  The quality of the coverage is first rate.  Painting and dipping doesn't come close.
I use the SPS or coast system for stacking and always deliver the cakes fully assembled.  This cake was delivered Saturday, fully assembled.  It was over 1 hour away.
The hill and or the lorry would be like a second tier on top of your sheet cake.   You would just create that truck or hill, place it on a cardboard cake round (that you cut to fit under the truck or hill) and place dowels beneath. There would be no weight on the sheetcake.  All the weight would be transferred to the bottom board.  
A lorry is a bus, right?  Sorry but I'm guessing here.   This is a bus cake I did years ago.  It was really easy and fun