Posts by louanne

Something you need to remember about columns, they are NOT inserted into the cake. Looking at your puncture it looks as if you used the columns to separate your cakes, not as support. Yes if you are using Sps as support yes those get inserted, but not to separate tiers. They make the plates that go in top and base of cakes that the columns attach to, (as well as still needing you inside cake supports). But if you are doing a stacked cake and needing support, use the...
Okay, first, was it straight cream, did it gave sugar or any stabilizers? Second, how long did she have her cupcakes before serving? Did she store the properly between pick up and serving time? You said you shared with coworkers and they were fine, so what was the tine frame between when they ate them and the customer ate hers. Were all cupcakes topped with the same batch if cream or find you have to make multiple batches and perhaps the customer got a batch of old...
I know it doesn't technically count as a cake, but cheesecakes, I used to make awesome ones but the last many times I gave tried it has been an epic fail, and I don't know why. The last one my husband got a laugh because I got so mad I punted it off the deck and down the hill behind our house. On the red velvet note: I make awesome red velvet cakes, but use beets instead if food coloring, gives a nice deep red color without the nasty taste, and you can't taste the...
You could do the base in camo pattern using the blue, silver, and black, which are prominent theme colors in monster high. You could do a black or silver ribbon border on the bottom with maybe a bow in front. You could top it with a Frankie string figure and maybe have her holding a toy gun , her pet is a dog so maybe throw him on there as a hunting dog. Given a little time I could probably come up with some other ideas. My DD is a huge monster high fan too.
Costumerczar is right on the nose. I worked for many many years as a planner, still do a little bit. I went thought the cost and trouble of becoming a certified bridal consultant and being registered with the ABC, any reputable planner should not be getting discounts or kickbacks from vendors that their clients are unaware of. I charged fees depending on what services clients wanted, some just needed someone for the rehearsal and say of to coordinate everything some...
A friend of mine consumed dd and has extreme gastro disorders.   I had loaned her a ton of stuff to do a cake for her kid and she wanted sparkles so i just gave her my box of different dusts, not even thinking to tell her to not use the dd on parts that would be eaten ( she had helped in my bakery several times and had heard me tell other people to remove the glittered pieces).   She eneded up in the hospital.   the dust irritated lesions already in her intestines and...
no they will be fine, i actually prefer the way cutout cookies bake up after beung cut out and refridgerated first.   For your icing, just use a royal icing ( sorry don't have a recipe on hand)  or you can use the wilton cookie icing, i don't particualry love the taste but my daughter loves to decorate her cookies with it ( she says she likes it better than homemade royal icing)   so I try to keep it on hand for her.  HTH
It could weaken the gumpaste depending on humidity and other factors, I have had it work perfectly and horriblly, too many factor effect the outcome.   If the client is getting the cake Friday just give them the bag of gel and tell them how to put in in the bowl beore party time, it is an easy task doesn't take long and makes sure it doesn't ruin the bowl piece,   It probablly would be fine, but I always plan for the what ifs and worse case scenarios.
Something that works for most ( not al but most) recipes you find, including box mixes, is to mix 3 TBLs of cornstarch with a couple of tsp of oil ( just to make a paste) do one set for each egg you would use,  I also add about 1/4 cup of soda ( any flavor), don't know why just do seems to help it rise properly.
oh good lord, just reviewed after posting, sorry for my bad spelling/grammar,mommy brain is on full drive today.  lol