Posts by ApplegumPam

Nope!!  tastes AMAZING - have you never had a Bounty Bar..... actually for people with dairy intolerance/allergy - coconut is quite a familiar taste, it is substituted in lots of thingsYour cake turned out well considering the conditions you were working under  - tip for next time.... try covering your cake with fondant first - it would have sealed off your cake and given you loads more worktime to attach your minecraft squares.You don't need to do a thick layer of ganache...
I'd say you are right in that they are probably over-cooked.   Unfortunately not much you can do to keep them as cake...... BUT you could toss them into a food processor and blitz them and then add enough chocolate ganache to moisten them and enable you to mould it into shape.   Roll them into balls.... any size you like..... cover with either some white roayl or a scalloped circle of fondant (to resemble the custard topping) couple of green holly leaves and a red...
That's why I posted directly afterwards...... substitute coconut cream in your ganache....... NOT impossible at all - I do it ALL the time for dairy-free ganache!! 
I agree 200% - to try and replicate this cake...... and have is even look remotely this good...... will NOT be an easy task
aaaa fanks Apti !For all you Yanks shovelling sh..   ..... ooops SNOW  hahaha    today has hit 41 here - and the lead up to Christmas looks much the same for us.I can handle the heat ..... just go from pool to air-con and back to pool again...... just keep those bushfires at bay  :(Sounds like thunderstorm on its way ..... and lightning is NOT a good thing on super dry hot days 
PS  - before you ask....    you CAN substitute coconut cream for the cream in your ganache  :)
Do you not have have air-con?   I'm also in Australia (just over the mountain from you! IMO decoraters that don't have access to air-con are seriously hampered in our summer. A ganached cake once set properly can be covered in fondant and will be fine if temps are 23-25degrees   MOST Australians have air conditioning, even if it is only 1 room, 99.9% of cars are air-conditioned and depending on the choice of venue.... MOST of those are air-conditioned too. I know a...
You are forming your opinion on your LOCAL knowledge - and you WERE very rude - you jumped in feet first and showed no respect at all - you didn't question the information - just stated is was wrong!!  It wasn't !!  and YES you are MISTAKENI too, am an Australian and know for a fact that the isopropyl alcohol we purchase here through the pharmacist IS what is deemed FOOD-GRADE...... NO you don't drink it - nobody suggested you do.   Its main purpose in cake decorating is...
I know this cake (made in 2011) and the person who created it (Rouvelee) It wasn't done with the cutter above - it was done with a circle cutter - if you look really carefully you will see that the black is a thin layer OVER the white fondant cover - NOT the white petal shapes put on   You would cut a circle in black and cut off the petal shapes - leaving the centre - and then place on cake.   NOT a simple job - a tedious time consuming job with a GOOD eye for detail...
http://bellacupcakes.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/how-to-make-ruffle-flower.html