Posts by ApplegumPam

Agree 100% 
Boy - I felt like I needed Google Translate to read your postDid you peel your carrots ??
"A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but being a doer requires effort, risk, and change." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
I am not a fan of the 'nuking' it in the microwave - it is VERY easy to overdo it - it just gives you a 'false' softness and does not give the same 'conditioning' of the fondant that kneading does.
 I think it has LESS to do with the cost of living and more to do with how many hands your business has available .... I am a single operator - I only use my own TWO hands - I don't have staff that I can get to do the more menial jobs while I concentrate on other things.... it takes me the same time to order stock for a small cake as a big cake - the kitchen requires the same clean up time for a 6inch or a 12inchTHIS is what decoraters need to think about when accepting...
I am creeping up behind you !   not far behind.... and I am constantly amazed at how little stamina the young ones have!! hahahaha   - we have raised a bunch of delicate ones!
PS  I use a heavy wooden rolling pin with metal ball bearing handles   AND I never use a 'mat'   Only time I trialled 'The Mat' I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE to roll with THAT !
K8 - I never pictured you as a wooz!!  you need some of those Michelle Obama arms girlie  hahaha   I am 5ft 7in and I don't have any problem rolling fondant - us Aussie gals must be tougher!
You'd better have a stand mixer for these - its HARD work on the hands without one  :P
oops - leah_s........ you ARE the pygmy !