Posts by jennifercullen

Lol thanks.That's rreeaallllyyy put my mind at ease haha. I'm just kidding I appreciate your comment! I think I will definitely have a go both ways, zetasilver I already have an Alan silverwood multi size square pan(which I've never even used), so I could do a 12 inch pan of minis depending on the size of them. I guess I'll have to just experiment. Jgifford I think I need to ask her when she expects this wedding to be, even just a half of the year she has in mind!
I've been asked in the last week in fact to do two wedding cakes. Both for friends I may add. I agreed to both as one wedding is not until 2013, and was going to be something like this without the lilies,http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_U56yhynHDXY/S8gGbRZXRiI/AAAAAAAAAg8/17ekj0PniA8/s320/round_green_trim_wedding_cake.JPGsimple enough....then the second one she said would be quite simple, and she is a better friend lol. She wants something like this...
Haha. I better steal it fast then.... only joking!
Lmao! That's awesome. Is that your actual business name? How about helens cuppies & cakes? I'm starting to think of a name for a business and I'm struggling. (i had 9 months to think of a name for my second child and he still remained nameless for a day or two after he was born) I can't decide whether to go novelty (there's a shop round here called bake n bun) or something simple like cakes by Jenny... how did I make this about me? Anyway, if you already have helens...
Thanks for the answer, I forgot I had even posted the question lol. I think I need to learn about fixing things down somehow.
I just wrote out a whole explanation of my question, but I basically would like to know if there is anywhere out there that explains supports and the structure behind cakes. I dont know a lot about DIY so I cant just think of something and build it because I wouldnt know where to start! How did you all learn about different supports for 3d cakes? I've done 2 3d cakes (fairy and a teddy) lately and both times had problems with the head. luckily both times they have been...
I usually put a bit of shortening on a sheet of greaseproof paper, roll the fondant on it, put some shortening on the fondant so the template sticks to it a bit. then cut around all the bits and peel it off carefully. If I cut it out backwards, then I can just pick it up on the greaseproof, place it on and peel the paper back. I only just worked this out last week but it worked well for me. Well, better than usual cutting around templates anyway lol
ok thanks. no fondant, life is simple again lol.
I've carved and frozen the layers of a 3d cake, it is going to be a fairy, a bit like a peppa pig 3d cake if that makes any sense to you lol. I realised when carving that if I just put it all together and covered, when it came to cutting my friend would have to cut massive slices all the way down, so I have used altogether 6 layers of cake, I have filled them 2 at a time to make 3 sandwiches, then I am going to stack them with boards inside the cake so that when she cuts...
I started less than a year ago, in march/April actually. The wanting has subsided slightly, my bank balance has reduced massively lol. I don't think it will ever go completely, but I think eventually you will just have more so there will be less to want, or the things you want will be more expensive. I really want an agbay leveller and an airbrush machine. But something I'm only just getting onto is cookie cutters and moulds. Iv seen lots of little moulds I want but...