Posts by jennifercullen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40421884@N08/3848014655/I've been asked to make it for 3rd November, would I need an airbrush for the colour on the pies do you think? or could i achieve that with a paintbrush?
I just mean like a cupboard unit or a cabinet or something. I only have a cupboard full of stuff plus cake pans, plus a few bits shoved in random drawers, but the cupboard I have to throw everything in, hold it there and slam the door then hope that by the time I open it again its settled and won't fall out lol. I have a 3 bedroom house, but its full of stuff. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old, and all their stuff, then in my bedroom I have piles of other stuff that I...
I hear that! Just making a 2 tier cake takes me ages. If I had anywhere to put them I would double up on pans. In fact I think I'm gonna have to look into some kind of storage unit anyway so they can just go on the list of thongs I'd like!
well, for the benefit of those not in the UK it is now 11:55 and I've pretty much finished the two cakes. I have done the washing line thing on the front and back of the boy cake, not really sure what to put on the sides but I think it can wait until morning. I'm feeling much better knowing I have almost a week to recover! I looked all over the place for a little footprint anything I could use but found nothing. There are quite a few shops in this town, but they all seem...
It was 1:55pm today when my boyfriend got a text asking what time a girl he knows could pick her cake up tomorrow. I said she ordered it for 5th November, tomorrow Is only the 21st October,.. she said oh, I thought I'd told you I changed the date. So, now I have layer 1 of the 3 layers in the oven, plus the other 2/3rds of the mix I made ready to empty the tin, wash it, grease it and refill it for layer number 2. I am about to run to town to get the cake board, and ribbon,...
Awesome! Thank you
When do you need them for? I know there is a shoe template on here, but its not for the sane style shoe as the wizard of oz one, if you have time I'd play around with a free template and see if you can change it a bit to the style you'd like.cakecentral.com/gallery/81322rosesen.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/gumpaste-shoe-tips-and-template/cakecentral.com/articles/124/how-to-make-a-gumpaste-shoesugarteachers.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-make-gumpaste-high-heel-shoe.htmlThey were...
@allaboutcakeuk excellent I will have a look on there in a minute. Is it just called foamcore? @kakeladi last Xmas I had slightly the opposite problem that the toys I wanted were in the US lol luckily then my mother was going on holiday so she brought some home for me! I hadn't started cake decorating then, otherwise she may have been bringing home a whole extra suitcase! I don't know why they don't just build a bridge from here to there. It'd make life so much easier. Lol.
Ok thank you I will try those shops this week! It's so annoying seeing lots of stuff on here and it not being available in the UK
I've heard this name in a lot of posts and would really like to get some, but I can't really find it in.the UK, does anyone know of anywhere? I have found some sheets on amazon, they are A3 size but I'd like a little bigger for making the photo area in this picture cakecentral.com/gallery/2022819 I did find a forum post on another website where someone was being quoted around £60 per sheet for a big sheet of it!