Posts by jennifercullen

I have just got a tin to make a football/soccer ball cake, but have no idea what size pentagons/hexagons to use and it didn't come with any template I've heard people mention . How can I work out what size shapes to use? Hopefully I'll be able to work it out so that I can print the templates out at work in about 3 hours..Any help would be RRREEEAAALLLLLLYYY appreciated
Thanks for all your answers. So I guess I can keep the email and re download it instead of putting it on a disk. That suits me too, I just wasnt sure where you'd get the link and if you got to keep it etc. Thanks a lot
Cocobean that idea id brilliant! I was considering making a cake for my step mums birthday this month but I know she is one of the never eat them gang lol. That would be a wonderful idea for her! Your cakes are so beautiful. I need to order me some dummys![/quote]
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right area for this really, I want to buy the cake boss software right now. I'm just wondering for anyone who has it, is it possible to put on a disk as a back up once you have it downloaded or not? If not what happens if you get a new computer, or your computer gets wiped of everything? Can you just redownload it? I know you can order it on a disk, but as I'm in the UK I dont know a) if they'd even send it to me, and b) if I'm gonna be...
I dont know if facebook has the same appeal in your area, but where I live there is one name that most people have heard of more than the others and all she has is a page on facebook. The woman who has this 'business' (i'm not sure if she is actually a business officially or not) doesn't advertise anywhere else that I know of, but has hundreds of 'likes' to her page and is getting cake requests on her wall every day!
I started out the same way as you, I made my first cake (a 3d lightning mcqueen) in march last year, then suddenly friends were asking me if I would make them for them too. I started out just charging for ingredients which was fine because I LOVED my new hobby, then after a while, I think I may have realised before, but it was september when it really hit home, I was working every single night in september on various cakes for various people I dont think I had more than 2...
I dont actually have a business (so why I'm in this forum.. who knows? ) but I do make cakes for friends and family, and actually half the time I do feel like I'm in business because I'm so busy. It seems to be certain people who do this to me all the time. I only bake and decorate etc after 8pm when my kids are in bed and asleep, so depending on how many cakes I have to do that week I can start them a week or so in advance if freezing. Plus I'm also a planner, I hate...
Haha. It is its destiny, which must be fulfilled! Ellie1985 its weird isn't it how we put all that effort in, yet were the ones who don't mind destroying it lol. I do have to admit I sometimes have to look away when cutting body part cakes... that's weird! I happen to take great joy in cutting it into bits...
I never really thought of it in a good light to be honest lol. I do know that once its theirs its up to them what they do with it, but I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of what's the point in taking more time to make something edible if you're not going to eat it? Oh well, I guess I can see it in a more positive light now [/center]
I made a cake for my step mothers neice's birthday, it was a couple of months ago now actually, it was a 3d tatty teddy bear, (this one actually http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2145716/tatty-teddy-birthday-cake) and was a bit of a last minute thing, she asked me for it on a saturday for a monday. I had nothing on and not liking to say no to people I said I would do the cake. I ran out to get some ingredients, I spent ages baking and carving. and went out to buy some plastic...