Posts by jennifercullen

aw what an idiot I was so looking forward to hearing all your advice i forgot to even link the cake... its here http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_W7BQpktz2lI/THLrCTr0JTI/AAAAAAAABOs/SGSKn29xe_c/s1600/1.jpgI wish it was an invisible cake haha
I got this picture from a customer asking for the top tier of her cake to be like this, I have possibly a vague idea of how the structure would look, but no idea how i would do it! Can anyone help me with this? Are there any tutorials anywhere you know of? Or do I just tell the customer I dont know how to do it Thanks in advance for any help! Jenny
First of all, I've not been on here all that often for a couple of months or so (suddenly I have a lot less free time now I'm back on...) so what happened to the cake ideas forum section?Anyway, I'm making a cake next week for someone I know but not a friend. Its for her daughters 12th birthday, the girl wanted an ipad but her mum cant afford one. She wants me to make her a cake, Its going to be an 8 inch cake, the only suggestions I have are something to do with her phone...
Congrats on your first 'stranger' cake I usually follow up with an email or a text or something (depending on how the cake was ordered or what contact info I have, a lot of mine are through facebook so I go through there mostly or texts) and just say hi, hope your party was great or everything went ok something like that and I hope the cake was fine! Any problems please let me know etc etc I hope the person who the cake was for loved it and had a great birthday bla bla bla...
I got onand have used it a couple of times, although of all the times I've used it its come out right only twice I think. I cant really afford to buy a load more cartridges at the moment so I dont have a massive variety and like other people said it takes practice to master it (i'm nowhere near there) its one of those things that I always mean to have a play with and get used to it properly and I never seem to get round to it! My problem is that I cant get the...
yes I can picture that sandyvrc! I'd be worried about it falling over one way or the other though...lol.And that cake is beautiful! I dont think the actualy round gate is cake though, and unfortunately I dont have an airbrush to make that look. Hmm, definitely something I need to invest in! I'm thinking of maybe suggesting a different kind of cake so I can make the standy uppy gate from gumpaste or something instead? I cant see it holding up really. I'm disappointed in...
I have been asked for a stargate sg1 cake, the actual gate, I've seen lots but wondered if I would be able to make it standing up instead of lying flat or is that a ridiculous idea for a 10 inch round cake? this is the cake: http://foreverdyingbrightly.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/lols/funny-food-photos-stargate-cake.jpg but standing on its side, if I could do it, how would I support it??
Its a question I've been thinking about for a while now, a few cake decorators I know have been posting on facebook about being booked up months in advance, and I just wondered how many that would be, I only have time to decorate at night when my kids go to bed, and as most people want a cake for the weekend it means I can do less per week as they all have to be ready the same day. I struggled with the 3 I had to do this week, though when I did my business plan I worked...
I've just made a rugby ball cake for saturday, its my first rugby ball but previously I've done a couple of footballs. With the footballs I didnt use any support and by the time it was picked up it had a very flat bottom as the weight had sagged down a bit. This time for the rugby ball I put dowels and a board in the middle of the cake, so that the top half wouldnt squash the bottom half, but the bottom just seems to be saggin of its own accord. Its not even that big, its...
ok thanks a lot I tend to just search for alphabet cutters on ebay but never seem to be able to find the right ones! Thanks again Jenny