Posts by Kelzky

I scaled up a recipe so that it would make a 10in and a 6in cake and I should have had plenty of mixture but it was was just over enough for the 10in.   So I started to puzzle over why it wasn't enough - couldn't think of anything so just put the one cake in the oven... 15mins after putting the 10in in the oven I realised I forgot the sugar! I didn't want the whole mix to be wasted so I whipped it out the oven and mixed in the sugar - but some of the cake had started...
That company is in my home town and I visit it regularly. Now I have no idea how they managed the colossal mistake but the company had been going from strength to strength. It's only just moved to a bigger premises and is set in a small town in the UK.The staff are lovely there and don't really deserve to be called morons, they just made a mistake (as all companies do - maybe not as big but still) I'm sure they've learnt a very hard lesson.I just hope for the sake of...
There are some gorgeous cakes here!! I'm like most people here and am unsure how much I should charge for cakes! All but one in my gallery were done for friends but will put what I would have charged This one was the one I charged for - £25 (approx $40) but it was for a friend so maybe more for a customer. It was done in a giant cupcake pan and not carvedhttp://cakecentral.com/gallery/1980472This is the cake I made for my own Birthday and I would have probably charged...
Thats insane - thats why we coat cakes with BC or ganache once they're cool - so that they do stay fresh! I find cake on the same day its baked can taste quite eggy - especially when warm 3 tier wedding cake baked and decorated before 1pm on the same day??? Suuuuure if you want the icing and decor running down the sides of the cake! I wonder sometimes if these peoples brains have been abducted by aliens....
Thank you all so much for the kind welcome! I've already picked up a few new techniques just by browsing for the last hour... ...actually make that two hours - uh oh! Definately a time stealer this one!!
Hey everyone I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself My name is Kelly and I live in the UK - I've only recently started baking at the age of 22 and hope to continue to blossom and grow as a decorator! The cakes I've made so far I've managed to upload on here and am looking forward to submitting more! Just need to find some time to practice. I'm sure I'm going to find this website very addictive and I can't wait to get to know some people that are as interested in...