Posts by Tropicake

I haven't had to fill an order while sick but I have had to do one with a broken right wrist in plaster! Luckily a) I did have a friend who was very good at following instructions; b) it was a rough textured royal icing covered cake and c0 the flowers were allready made before my accident. It's also very syurprising what you can do left handed if you absolutely have to!
Hi all from an expatriate Aussie in Vanuatu! I make my own flower modelling paste as I know it works well. I use premade fondant from Kerry Pinnacle in NSW... ( I import in bulk but don't know if they retail.) I need to add extra icing sugar and CMC Tylose because of the high humidity here but it seems to work OK. Better than Cake Art anyway! Bakels is the best premade I have found but it is much more expensive.
I am trying to find a successful recipe for frosting swirls on cupcakes to be used for weddings in the very tropical South Pacific. Royal icing pipes well but sets too hard. Buttercream softens too quickly if not refrigerated. Any ideas????