Posts by pump_jc

Have you ever used the wilton canned chocolate icing? I have to make a cake, and I was hoping to take a short cut and use this. Does it taste like chocolate icing? Or is it nasty? Thanks for any help!jamie
Have you ever used the wilton canned chocolate icing? I have to make a cake, and I was hoping to take a short cut and use this. Does it taste like chocolate icing? Or is it nasty? Thanks for any help!jamie
Thank you all for your help!Jamie
I did not doctor the mix, but it's only a very small top layer. It's not very heavy, I can't imagine it causing much, if any, trouble. Do you really think a 6inch round by 2inch tall layer is too much to just set on top of a two layer 8 inch round cake? Thanks!
It's a duncan hines fudge marble cake. It's a pretty dense cake. I'm going to have a border around the bottom of the 6 inch on top of the 8 inch, so even if it sinks into the icing some, the border should hide that...right?jamie
Okay...so I'm making a cake. It's a two 8 in round layers, with one 6" round layer on top. Do I need to dowel it or not? Also, should I separate with a cake board? I was planning to just set it right on top of the 8 inch cakes, since it's only one small (6in round x 2 in tall) layer.Thanks,Jamie
If I were making a round cake...say, two 8" layers and one 6" layer on top, would I need to dowel it? Or would it be okay to sit on top? Thanks!jamie
This will be my first "sold" cake. How much would you charge for this cake?http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=pump_jc&cat=0&pos=1It's two 10 inch square cakes...decorated with buttercream.Thanks,Jamie
Thanks for your help. This will be my first "sale" cake. The rest I've just done for fun. I can't believe how many people came up to me last night wanting me to make cakes for them! Thanks again - Jamie P.
Okay, so I made this cake:http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=pump_jc&cat=0&pos=1for the bowling alley holiday party (if that link doesn't work, it's the snowman cake in my photos). Well, everyone loved it. So, now I'm making another cake for Saturday's bowling party, plus a lady wants me to recreate the above cake for her for Christmas! She wants to pick it up Christmas eve! I don't know how much to charge for...