Posts by Margaret1973

I have used the Wiltons candy melts before but, I don't really care for them too much. The white chocolate I bought was Peters in the wafer form. Where can I buy cocoa butter?
When making cake pops, in the past, I have used almond bark with great success. The problem is that I don't care for the taste. This weekend I tried using white chocolate. I tempered it but I couldn't get the consistency right. I thinned it out with paramount crystals and was able to dip them but there were a lot of bubbles and it would dry out too fast. They looked horrible. I could not get the smooth round cake pops that I get with the almond bark. I have worked...
This is actually a fantastic program. There is pricing info online. I know the man who set this up. His name is Jan DeYoung. I am considering doing it myself. I'm just in the beginning stages of this. I believe it is $100 a month including 15 hours of kitchen time. $7 an hour beyond that. Then there are misc. charges for storage, trash, and stuff like that. They also provide business counseling and education. It really is a great program. I have a couple of...
This is actually a fantastic program. There is pricing info online. I know the man who set this up. His name is Jan DeYoung. I am considering doing it myself. I'm just in the beginning stages of this. I believe it is $100 a month including 15 hours of kitchen time. $7 an hour beyond that. Then there are misc. charges for storage, trash, and stuff like that. They also provide business counseling and education. It really is a great program. I have a couple of...
I tried them earlier this week and they were lopsided and ugly. The Tiramisu was absolutely awful. Two of us were unable to finish one. I liked the rocky road and the birthday cake one wasn't too bad.
I have only been making cake pops for a few weeks now and am considering making this a business. I was told that Starbucks was making them. I went to try out the competition and was actually thrilled that they were so terrible. They were ugly and lopsided. The Tiramisu was the most awful thing that I have ever tried. I hope that Starbucks doesn't give all of America the notion that that is what a cake pop tastes like and stop the ball rolling for the rest of us.