Posts by KellyJo3

In my city I am not able to bake from my home therefore I was renting a kitchen from a restaraunt for 20.00 an hour. Which as you can tell by that, I was not really profiting anything, sometimes I would even lose money. But when I intially started my business I was told the wrong information and to make a long story short I had to rent this kitchen right away. I did not close my business after I found that out because I figured I'd give it a try and we planned on moving...
I did something similar to groupons, but it was for the troops which made it all worth it of course. I did a 50% off 1 dozen cupcakes and they could only purchase 2 per person. I actually ended up loosing so much money because not only did I offer them 50% off, but the company took a percentage. It was worth it as far as being for the troops, but there is no way I coud afford to do something like that again. and trust me it did not bring in new customers like I thought it...
Thank you buttercuppie, same goes for you and all of the east coast! : )
whew!! She responded, thank god! Just one thing to check off my list of worry! Thanks for your repsonse knlcox! : )
So I did a stupid thing that I will never do again. I joined one of those dealy things like groupons, but it's a little different. Unfortunately, one of those customers wanted to pick up their order for a dozen cupcakes this Saturday and according to the weather reports, my family and I may have to get out of dodge during Hurricane Irene, which will be hitting us or around us on Saturday.I tried writing her an email explaining to her that due to those circumstances, she...
Thanks for the good laugh costumeczar!! I'm sure that would guarantee an on time pick up! : DThank you everyone for the advice too!
Thanks everyone for your input. It has not happened yet thank god, but very well could have happened today and all I was thinking was what I would do if I needed to leave. I really was thinking I would've had to leave it on the floor outside of my office door, as they were leaving for a weeks vacation so I would not have been able to freeze it and hold on to it for them until they got back. Of course I would not do that for someone who was only a little late, or like today...
I rent kitchen space for 20.00/hour, so I also rent an office to meet with customers for things like consultations, cake pick ups etc. to save money. On my website I state this fact as well as in my terms and conditions that I send to my customer's emails with every order. It clearly states that due to this fact and due to a high amount of orders being placed every week that it is not a guarantee that we can wait for them if they are late. Which leads us to this particular...
I like the idea of adding the stickers, if you can do it for a decent price. Also I wonderig you could ask them if you could leave a little "ingredient card" on the table next to the cake with your logo and a list of the ingredients for allergy purposes. Just a thought, I know some people on here do that anyways maybe they can expand on the idea. I just wouldn't want to see you not get credit for all your hard work. : )
Thank you so much Becca, I was finally able to get ahold of my Uncle who owns his own business and he is coming over this Thursday to help me set up quick books. He said the same thing you did about once it is set up, it is much easier to use. I'm crossing my fingers I am able to do this, as I would so much rather do it myself then pay of course! : )