Posts by dreamsville

ok I've seen some cake contracts that refuse to use fresh flowers on a cake because of the liability involved should the flowers be carrying bugs, pesticides dirt etc. Do any of you ever run into this problem??
Thanks so much!! I was also thinking of cupcakes (or mini cupcakes since they would be the perfect bite size) and no more than 4 flavors. I read somewhere that many will charge a fee if more than 3 people arrive at the tasting....that's a good idea! One for me to remember
When a bride wants fresh flowers on her cake, do you have HER order and pay for what she wants and then you pick them up and use them on the cake?Or do you as the cake decorator, do the ordering of flowers and just add to your invoice?
Hi everyone! God is good....I was just posting here about a month ago about how to get into the wedding ring (pun unintended) of the cake business and wouldn't you know it, I've had three brides call me to schedule their weddings with me!!! So I'm doing a tasting for one bride....so any advice as this will be my first tasting!! Thanks!!
Right I would obviously limit it to like 150 guests or something like that. I'm covered under cottage law so I don't think I would get into any legal trouble would I? Am I missing something? I certianly won't do it if it's somethign that people would look negatively on.....that's why I'm asking. Thanks!!!
Been doing cakes for about a year now and haven't really spent any time in the wedding part of cake making. I've made a few anniversary cakes that are basically small wedding cakes but can't say I've ever done a wedding. So I was thinking of making some sort of contest to give away a free wedding cake....which would get me in the door and allow me to have more pics for my portfolio....good idea? and what do you think is the best way to go about this?
Your info has been very helpful!!! I think I'll look in the price of acrylic cases verses the cupcake dummies. I think the cupcake dummy idea could be great if I can reuse them. Then I can make a beautiful display and not have ot worry about display cases on my table if I have everything pre boxed. Lots to think about. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
yeah I am thinking more of doing that now. I just was hoping I could do a plastic display case but still be able to display the cupcakes in an appealing way (and not just rows like you might see in a bakery). Kind of more like what you would see if I was displaying them at a wedding or something. Just wondering if anyone else has done this....and what kind of display you may have come up with
so I did this big craft show last week as a vendor. I sold a few of my cakes and 32 DOZEN cupcakes! I sold out! It was a great day.....but I had this one other vendor come over and put a small (and polite) bug in my ear about health code violations etc. She was just basically letting me know that I may not pass if a health inspector came walking around because I Had my cupcakes out in the open (displayed VERY beautifully if I might add). So now I'm wondering how I can...
so I did this big craft show last week as a vendor. I sold a few of my cakes and 32 DOZEN cupcakes! I sold out! It was a great day.....butI had this one other vendor come over and put a small (and polite) bug in my ear about health code violations etc. She was just basically letting me know that I may not pass if a health inspector came walking around because I Had my cupcakes out in the open (displayed VERY beautifully if I might add). So now I'm wondering how I can...