Posts by heatherangel26

I never used them before. Where do you put them? This is the first time I'm making a bigger cake.
I'm trying to make a 10" chocolate cake for my daughter's bday party on Saturday. I'm using the Hersheys recipe (like I always do) and it keeps sinking in the middle. I've made 2 cakes so far and both have sunk. I've made this recipe before and didn't have this problem. Never in the 10" pan though. What am i doing wrong??/
Thanks so much!! I think I'm going to do the gumpaste. I'm not worrying about eating it because we usually don't anyway so that's ok. I loved that tutorial on YouTube. It was very helpful! Hopefully it will turn out good.
Making a fishing cake for my dad's 60th birthday. I am attempting to do a chocolate cake with cannoli filling. Not sure of what kind of icing yet (suggestions welcome).I wanted to make a figure of my dad for the top of the cake. Is it better to use fondant, modeling chocolate or gum paste to make the figure? I don't want it to be too heavy. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks!
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!! Kathrynn, any other tips for this cake? Your cakes are beautiful and i'm just starting out so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!! I didnt see any pics of ur slot cake. Thank you!
I'm making my first fondant covered cake tomorrow....a slot machine cake for my mom's 60th birthday. I was just wondering what is the best way to attached fondant decorations to the fondant covered cake? I've read water or VODKA?? Also, once it is completely decorated is it ok to refrigerate it?Thanks for any info!
I'm a newbie trying to make a small slot machine cake for my mom's 60th birthday. I plan on stacking 4 ten inch square cakes on top of each other and then carving the shape of a slot machine and covering it in fondant. I'm just wondering what is the best type of cake to use for stacking? i was going to use dowels ....but do I also need cardboard in between?? I appreciate any help you can give. I know this is a big task for a newbie...I've been baking since I was a kid...