Posts by divaofcakes

Wow, I am blown away by all your advice and support. Thanks to everyone!! In response to a message she left me (she wants to reschedule the tasting... ha ha!! The nerve!), I have emailed her a note that I will not be rescheduling any tastings and if she is still serious about hiring me, she will need to make a large deposit. We shall see...
Sorry for the double post. I don't know what happened there!
Hello CakeCentral friends,I have a customer who is getting married in Nov. She has hired me to do her cakes before with no issues. She asked for a tasting and consultation for her wedding and I agreed (even though she has tasted plenty of my cakes). I got a sitter, I made her taster and got ready for her arrival... she did not show. No call, no nothing. RUDE!! A few days later, she apologized and said she was sick. What? Too sick to pick up the phone?!?!? She...
Hello CakeCentral friends,I have a customer who is getting married in Nov. She has hired me to do her cakes before with no issues. She asked for a tasting and consultation for her wedding and I agreed (even though she has tasted plenty of my cakes). I got a sitter, I made her taster and got ready for her arrival... she did not show. No call, no nothing. RUDE!! A few days later, she apologized and said she was sick. What? Too sick to pick up the phone?!?!? She...
I am a huge fan of foamcore. It's both durable and cost-effective.
I was just at a faire and here are two ways that I thought were effective:a. one company put 1"x1" square bites into plastic ramekins with lids. They did this the night before and then were able to just hand them out (out of cute baskets)b. one booth had their pieces already pre-cut and in small cupcake papersBoth companies had dummy cakes set up.I personally like the idea of the ramekins. They were able to talk more to the brides instead of having to cut cake the...
UPDATE: So glad to tell you all that the groom, while in critical condition still, is going to make it! The wedding will be rescheduled in a month or two.My customer has asked me to wrap and freeze the cake and when they reschedule the wedding, I will pick up right where I left off... defrost, re-ice and decorate and deliver it. I hope this will work!!The rest of their vendors said 'tough luck' so they will be left with a cake and punch reception for next time. At...
Thanks everyone for the advice! It's wonderful!! I will let you all know what happens.On another note, sorry for the duplicate posts... I have lost my mind.
Thanks! I couldn't even find my original post! Sorry for the dupe!
OK, has this happened to anyone else? I have completely baked and almost finished decorating a 6 tier cake for 300 people for a wedding tomorrow. The bride's sister called me today - they have cancelled the wedding. The groom was in a motorcycle accident and is in a coma... so sad!! Prayers all around...So, I have this giant cake and I am not sure what to do with it! Do I give it to the customer and try to get them to freeze it? I hope to have more communication with...