Posts by Laurelj

My daughter and I just did an order similar in size to this. We went to Target and purchased under bed storage boxes about $8 each, which each held I believe almost 4 dozen cupcakes each. They were great also for transporting. AND also we frosted and decorated cupcakes while they were in the storage box, eliminating the need to over handle the product. We also purchased stand alone cupcake bakers by paper eskimo which eliminated the need to bake in a muffin tin. I was...
Since you already have an almond cake how about change the other almond to Champagne with a  light fruit filling, maybe raspberry or a favorite of mine passion fruit, then champagne SMBC, that is a very wedding-y flavor and a very popular one for us ;-)  Ohh I see you already have a raspberry filling. Hmm maybe lemon curd would be good with champagne cake and SMBC
Here is the one we just bought. It's acrylic and very stable.  don't believe there would be any problems putting a cutting cake on any of the levels.  I love the acrylic because it is very minimalist and doesn't distract from any of the food placed on it.    http://www.cheerico.com/cupcake-stands-tower/6-7-tier-stands/7-tier-acrylic-square-pole-cupcake-stand-display.html
My daughter ane i had the same problem a year ago, we ended up covering them in fondant. They looked perfect! Here is a link to the picture. Hth https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=495861367122136&set=pb.148278015213808.-2207520000.1396587172.&type=3&theater.
Have her sign a waiver releasing you of liability if cake is ruined while transporting. We do NOT allow customers to pick up and transport multiple tiered cakes, and our customers are made aware of that when they place their orders. We prefer to also deliver all of our orders but for those who want to pick up other items that are NOT tiered, we insist on a waiver of liability which states we cannot be held responsible if their items do NOT arrive as intended. Also we...
Here is my goto Chocolate cajke recipe, I haven't yet found a Chocolate cake which can beat it in taste or moistness. My added secret, once it cools completely I wrap in saran wrap and leave it on the counter till I am ready to torte and fill which is usually overnight. Also when making this cake I also add two shot of espresso then add water to make total amount or alternatively add a tespoon of espresso powder to your water. Then too once you start adding dry...
Btw you ALL do realize the originl RV did not use Cream Cheese Frosting. The origibl used a cooked frosting, no cream cheese
I have never understood the Red Velvet craze myself, thinking RV is simply a vehicle for transportation of Cream Cheese Frosting. The Loranns RV emulsion is def a winner though, it makes RV quick and easy, still don't get the craze but my clients that order it do Oh well different strokes . . .
Very nice pinecones! I am still trying to make a pinecone I am happy with and yours actually do look real. Good job!
Here is my favorite Holiday Fruitcake Recipe, Enjoy!!!!!! HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE RECIPE. You'll need the following: 1 cup of water 1 cup of sugar 4 large brown eggs 2 cups of dried fruit 1 teaspoon of salt 1 cup of brown sugar Lemon juice 1 cup of nuts 1 bottle of whiskey. Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Check the whiskey again. To be sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of...