Posts by midgysquidgy

Can anyone please help with a filling that will be firm enough to not bulge from cake?? Customer wants me to fill mudcake with a custard filling, but not sure what recipe to use to avoid "The Bulge"..
I always think that changes can be Good. I so far have found that when looking at the NEW cake pics that the initial pics are too small. I would imagine people with sight issues would find it very hard. Would be great if the size could be bigger. Would be more user friendly. Also cannot find my favourite recipes and also to upload new pics I cannot seem to do this at the moment. I guess these are perhaps isssues that are still being worked on.
Hi everyone, I need suggestions. Today I covered a cake in fondant which had a frosting crumbcaot underneath. My cake is still wet after two hours. It is humid today and maybe the moisture in the crusting buttercream is also playing it's part I think. Most customers dont like marzipan underneath the fondant, any suggestions as to what I can do. I am starting to get stressed as my cake is for an engagement. Have not had this problem before. Please any suggestions...
I have covered a cake and the fondant is now wet, I cannot smooth it aqs my smoothers stick. what can I do? Do I have to wait for it to dry???
Hi can anyone please tell me what is the best software to use with the cricut cake.Thanks,Leanne
when buttercream has firmed uo in the fridge I then either use greaseproof paper or computer papaer and use icing smoothers to smooth it down. When it is as smooth as i can get it I then apply my fondant. Also using "THE MAT" is a great help in applying the fondant and getting it smooth. If you watch the clip on you tube for "The Mat" you will see what I mean. I recently purchased it a few weeks ago and it is the best. Especially when it comes to cobering large...
Thankyou to all of you for your help and suggestions. I will definately give them a try and see what works best for me. I also watched Linda McClure from desert designs on you tube and she also has great videos to watch. Even a recipe to make and lots of tips of how to get the perfect cut from the cricut. Worth a look.Thanks again,Leanne (Australia)
Hi I have recently purchased a cricut. I am having heaps of trouble trying to get it to cut well. I have used a mix of fondant/gumpaste and am finding that it is either pulling/dragging when cutting. Have even put sheets in freezer to see if it helps, which it does until it thaws or comes back to room temp. I am soo upset & frustrated. Can anyone please tell me what works for them. It would be very much appreciated.Thanks & Regards Leanne
If using royal icing i suggest that a fine knife be used to seperate the tiers. Buttercream is easier. With using a dowel through all the tiers I find that just using buttercream is enough. I will go through my albums and upload a couple of my topsy turvy cakes either today or tomorrow.Regards Leanne
If using royal icing i suggest that a fine knife be used to seperate the tiers. Buttercream is easier. With using a dowel through all the tiers I find that just using buttercream is enough. I will go through my albums and upload a couple of my topsy turvy cakes either today or tomorrow.Regards Leanne