Posts by cowspot_me

I don't often get to use fondant, but I have a bride who wants to use it (YEAH!!). However, her colors are black & white.The cake she's chosen is white fondant with black scrolls piped on it. My question is whether this is going to bleed into the white. I'm hesitant to take the order because I'm really worried about this.A little more information on the order - The wedding is the last weekend in July which is the hottest and most humid time of the year here (Maine). ...
Question - Do you use buttercream or royal icing accents (scrolls, swags, etc.) and why?
There was a picture of a wedding cake posted on this site that had a tree trunk in the center between the tiers and a couple of fairies sitting on the top. I can't find it again. Can anyone help?
Different problems require different solutions. Can you describe the situation for us?
I use the LorAnn flavors all the time. Mostly for candy, but I have also used them to flavor fondant. If you do that, only use a little bit. They are very strong!
Too bad you weren't closer to Maine. I teach an 8-week class for our local adult education. Don't know how much a Wilton class is or how long they last (there have never been any within a 3 hour radius of me), but my class is only $30 for the 8 weeks. Since I have a hard time selling fondant here, the class is based around buttercream and we do a lot of flowers.
Just thought I'd give an update on this one. The bride returned the equipment and I told her everything that had gone on. Apparently, the kids and the woman touching the cake were not the only problems she had. Her mother had to continually tell the woman to stop touching the cake. I guess she was fascinated with the fact the bottom was foam. The bride told me that at 8pm Thursday night, her band called and said they wouldn't be able play. No excuses were given and...
Cake Camp! Cake Cruise! Where and when do these take place and how can I sign up??
Thanks for all the support! I knew I could count on all of you! I think my blood pressure is finally starting to go down. Still haven't heard any more about the cake. I'm sure I will when they return the supplies. I still can't figure out why that woman kept poking at the cake. I figure it can be one of two things - 1. mental problems or 2. The cake was originally supposed to feed around 400. They only needed to feed 100 so the bottom part (except the 1/2 rounds)...
I just have to vent to people who will understand!! I had this huge wedding cake to do this weekend and everything was going great. Borrowed my friend's Expedition since this 46" long cake was not going to fit into the back of my sports car, drove 15+ miles to the delivery site and everything started going downhill from there. There was a truck parked directly in front of the door and when I asked if it could be moved, all I kept getting were these blank stares like...