Posts by Elbow642

Correct, the new versions are not compatible with the cricut cake.  If you search, though, you can still find some copies of the version that does work online.  Etsy is where I purchased mine and it works like a charm!  I can cut anything I want, and the software is super easy to use. 
I love my Cricut Cake too!  I bought mine a few weeks ago at Big Lots and then purchased Sure Cuts A Lot from etsy and I couldn't be happier!  I actually went back and bought another machine, just in case something happens to the first one!     It has already paid for itself in the last two weeks with all of the things I have used it for.  I whipped out 6 dozen cupcake toppers in no time, made some very cute characters for some big cakes, and did some really awesome...
I'm with carmijok...I cannot even believe that this would even be an issue! There are so many more things to worry about in life! My eyes are rolling as well!
These are the cups:http://www.webstaurantstore.com/solo-325-3-25-oz-white-paper-souffle-portion-cup-250-box/99950SOU.htmlThe lids that I have seen are sort of like the dome lids listed above, but they fit on the paper cups. Those dome lids above are on a plastic cup and are way over priced, although that is what I am looking for...they just need to fit on the paper cups. I have seen this on websites, but for the life of me, I can't find any right now. They were actually...
I like to bake in the 3.25 oz paper souffle cups. I KNOW that I have seen dome lids on these around the internet, but I cannot find anything anywhere! I have called the SOLO company and everything. There was once a thread here where someone mentioned dome lids on these cups, but when asked where she got them, she never came back and answered. I would love to find something to work with these....if anyone uses such a thing, would you be so kind as to tell me where in...
I made the sheep pops for a friends baby shower and thought the sugar pearls were way to hard, so I improvised. I took mini marshmallows and pulsed them in my food processor with powdered sugar until the were little ball of marshmallow, then rolled the pops in them. They looked fluffy and were really tasty. I will try to find a photo and post in my gallery.
Do you know the science behind the color change? Why doesn't American buttercream do the same thing? The butter can't be the reason, because most other buttercreams have just as much.
Thanks so much!! I used to use a crusting buttercream, so I never had to worry about this. I also don't do a lot of white cakes, when it has happened with colored icing it is usually not a big deal and sometimes looks cool. I just about died though when this happened to my nice white cake! I actually tried the scrape method today and that worked well. I also tried to smooth the icing with a gloved hand, but that also changed the color. It's like any amount of warmth...
Good morning! I use a swiss meringue buttercream for all of my cakes but I am running into a problem and would like to know why it happens. When I ice my cakes, I put them into the freezer to set up for a few minutes, pull them out and smooth with a knife dipped in hot water and wiped off. I have notice that the colored icing kind of gets mottled a bit, but it has never been a big deal. The other night I had a beautiful white cake and when I started smoothing, the...
Hello all! I am new to the site and love it so much! I am trying to do a jacket cake, like the leather types that are found in the gallery. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do the collar and neckline. Is there a tutorial somewhere to help me figure it out? I would be most appreciative if I could find something to help!Thanks so much!