Posts by jlobannon

I have a bride wanting me to make a NY Yankees hat cake for her groom. How would you get the exact NY logo onto the hat??? Please help! Thank you!
I'm really uncertain. However I did find another recipe in my file and it does come out white. It's below. Enjoy!Classic White CakeIngredients:•  6 cups cake flour, sifted•  2 tablespoons baking powder •  1 ½ cups butter or margarine, softened•  3 cups granulated sugar •  2 cups milk •  1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract •  12 egg whites •  Cake Release Makes: 12 cups of cake batter. InstructionsPreheat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom of pans and line with waxed paper or...
You're right; but the way I understood it was you seperate the eggs and only use the white. She did say in the notes at the top that you could use the whole egg...so I took it that you didn't in the recipe...but you could if you wanted. I may be wrong?
Here is what I found. It gives the Chef's name, so you can also look her up for more recipes. She has a website. But I think this recipe will help you. Please let me know how it turns out for you!A Delicious White Wedding Cake Recipe For YouA white wedding cake recipe for traditional white wedding cakes. Award winning pastry chef Lorelie Carvey is giving away her gourmet cake recipe for an easy wedding cake that anyone can do. This basic cake recipe is really quite...
I have been baking for years; however I just got into cake decorating. When I bake my cakes, weather they be frm a box mix or scratch, when they cool, and I put them on my turn table to crumb coat, my icing always pulls the cake and then the cake crubmles and falls apart! I end up having to run to my local bakery to get a cake for whatever occasion I am baking for.I would like to know is there a different type of cake we are supposed to use that does not crumble when...