Posts by SnLSweetEscapes

Unfortunately no, haha!  It's not the cupcakes, its when I make cookies or cake balls.  The difference with me is that I am special order.  I think if I had a store front it would be different.  I'm not baking everyday.  So when I do, I wanna make sue that it tastes good :)
I have a paid account on Wedding Wire.  I told myself I was going to give it a 6 month trial.  I have responded to ALL the possible listings and have NEVER received anything back.  Canceling my paid membership.
Ugh, wish I had advice.  I have gained about 25 pounds since starting my bakery.
No issues with that.  It was only in the 60's and raining both days.  Plus, I was careful with what I choose to bring.  Things I knew that wouldn't melt.  On Friday, we were there from 11-7 and Saturday was 9-5:30.  The worst thing we experienced was the rain was like a mist.  So we were wiping down packaging because even though we were in the tent, the mist was still getting in.  I was at a farmers market last year where it was over 90 the 2 days we did it.  The first...
Thanks for the compliment Stitches!   Here were my prices for the market: Cupcakes = $2 each Cake Pops = $2 each Push Pops = $3 Cookies = $1 each Rice Krispies = $1 each (made these in cupcake pan for individual serving size) Brownies = $1 each (about 2 1/2" square) Mini Whoopie Pies = $1 each (2")
Thanks for the comments!  I got the tent online somewhere last year.  Sorry, I don't know the site off hand.  It's a great tent.  I think that I just searched "pink tents".  Baking Sis ... compared to yours, I guess we are big, haha! Compared to our surrounding cities we are small.  Right now, I am trying to build my name up and have several repeat customers.  I have only been in business a little over 2 years.  My goal is to build up enough business by doing the...
I know a lot of you are debating attending Festivals so I wanted to give everyone my experience.  I live in a small town, probably about 8,000 people total.  The held their 27th annual Strawberry Festival so I decided to give it a try since the 2 day even was relatively cheap for a 10X10 area.  Here is a list of items that I brought, the amount and how much sold:   Strawberry Shaped White Cake Pops - 47 - Sold out Chocolate Cake Pops - 72 - 47 left          **I...
I did a local market last year, well only for 3 Fridays.  Here are some of the things that I learned: 1.  Most of the people wanted the basic Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes, especially the kids. 2.  The heat was HORRIBLE!  I am in NY and we had 90 degree weather on the days I was there.  We were on a black topped parking lot.  I have a tent with sides for protection and shade.  If you are using a frosting that is not made for the heat, be prepared.  The first week I...
I do both, pick up and delivery.  I also have 2 children and know exactly what you mean about trying to keep the house looking neat waiting.  You will have those that are late which is a pain.  If people want me to deliver a dozen cupcakes, I will for a fee or if I meet them at Tim Horton's same thing, a fee.  If they want your products they will get them.  The only cakes that I have people really pick up are sheet cakes.  All the stacked cakes, I deliver.  When I do...
What I do is hot glue the 5 oz cups together then I add a dab of hot glue to the outside rim of the 2 oz cup and place inside the 5 oz. I then cover the bottom with tissue paper and glue in spots around the outside of the cups to cover them. Hope this helps!