Posts by sar02c

I have animals, so I can't bake at home.  
How about a fishing theme?....the grandfather and 2 sons could be sitting on a dock fishing together. I don't know how good you are at figures...or you could make a big fish with a hook in its mouth and a line attached if you aren't good with figure modeling. I think the fishing theme is good for men of any age
Can someone please give advice on the best way to do fondant for a larger size cake...as in the best way to move it and how to keep it from cracking, etc??? I had to do fondant on a 9X13 sheet cake that was 4 inches high. I had so many problems with the fondant...I put a bunch of ps on my mat I was working on and it still stuck. I had trouble trying to move that huge of size of fondant from the mat to the cake. It kept stretching and ripping. I worked as fast as I could...
Does anybody know of any good cake recipes with hazel nut extract in it. I prefer one that doesn't have any chocolate/nutella in it. Bought some extract to try out and now can't find any recipes with it in it. Most recipes just have toasted hazelnuts or hazel nut liquer.
Does anyone know of any available commercial kitchens in Charlotte, NC?? I've already tried the one from the kitchensforrent website and tried many catering places, several bakeries, YWCA....etc. etc...I'm running out of places!! There has to be somewhere around here available for a reasonable hourly price. Please Help!!
So I've seen a lot of places on here where people have mentioned sugar as a preservative in regards to dairy products....such as cream cheese frosting or anything made with whipping cream that might need to be left out at room temp. Can someone please enlighten me on this topic. What is the ratio of sugar to dairy for it be a preservative. I have looked all over the internet and can't come up with an answer to this question. It must be written somewhere!! I just can't seem...
Can anyone tell me how to make icicles around the top edges of a cake? Do you use a tip? If so, which one? Do you use buttercream or royal icing or something else??
My favorite recipes are all missing. Please make that come back!! The list of category topics for recipes that used to be on the right side of the screen was helpful. I liked the stats that went with each cake people posted so I hate that ya'll got rid of those.The ads on the right side take up WAYYYY too much space. They even cover up some of the forum replies...they need to be smaller and worked better on the top and left sides of the pages like they were beforeUsing the...
I don't suggest melting chocolate morsels and putting it in the marshmallow fondant. I just tried a recipe i found on here for true black MMF a couple days ago using that and it came out awful!! With all the kneading that you do the heat from your hands keeps the chocolate gooey. I added a ridiculous amount of powdered sugar and it didn't help at all. I let it sit over night like I was supposed to but as soon as I started working with it again super gooey! Every time I...
Could someone also explain how to make the hourglass structurally sound?? Are dowels placed all throughout or just one through all the layers down the center?