Posts by funtodecorate2

:) My trailer is 29 ft. and actually fixed up pretty cool. The plus side is I can leave my HOUSE kitchen clean !! :)    and shut the door and walk away  LOL   I try and glean all the info I can from this site and I think what part of it is everyone finds what works for them especially with problems that arise.  There is so much information , suggestions and advice that I tend to try many of them :)   I will check my ingred and see if anything has changed .   I...
You know that saying   " I'M SO CONFUSED " lol Ok. almost all of my filling need to be refrigerated. Plus I've  read by many on here to let your cakes settle. .so if they need to be refrig (because of the filling ) and settle I put them in the frig so I don't take a chance on spoilage.   Now I take them out and leave them out for about 1/2 hr to 45 min to get a little closer to room temp then straight from the frig.  They usually have a small amount of condensation on...
thank you everyone for your ideas and help    Wendy
That recipe was given to me by another baker. It has become my favorite taste wise.  So that's how I've come up with the fat ratio. :) by her recipe    In the summer time our humidity is  between 20-25% between 2 and 5 pm. LOL How do I know this ?  Everyday I've looked it up.  So that was always when I made my frosting  and decorated my cakes.    That's why with the humidity high now I figured this was the problem.    I beat for about 5 min or so after it has...
Ok heres the deal, I'm having horrible problems with humidity. I'm not talking warm, hot weather I'm talking cold, freezing weather. Everyday the humidity is between 75-95% . It is not going any lower. It causes havoc on my buttercream. Air  Bubbles,  Air Bubbles and won't stick to the cake. I have a dehumidifier which I can take down % to about 45-50%. Still not good.    So am I way off here on this question ... please don't laugh :)   If  I can make my buttercream...
I can understand where She is coming from. I can see both sides that everyone has posted. Sometimes with personalities it is hard for some of us to not take it personal. It also depends on how we handle our own business ( as in looking around for an item for ourselves)  I do find it rude of people when they can't give you a quick "I'm sorry I found someone else or I've had to change my plans." I don't care what the reason they give ... just give something.  The time  we...
HI and thanks for all the tips and info.  Of course I didn't want the cake to look just like the pic  I posted so here is how mine turned out . The colors didn't really come through on camera and we also had a huge snow storm. Wasn't sure if my color order was even going to arrive. I had to do with what I had on hand and what I had ordered because of the roads .  I used a wedding pearl gold . It wasn't exactly how I wanted it but I was happy with it and most of all the...
Thanks, I hope I have luster dust. I can' t seem to keep straight all those things. I will try what I have..
  HI, I"m trying to     the shiny gold like the leaves and number 50 in this pic. I think the leaves might be fake paper ones but not sure. I colored my fondant a golden yellow. Pretty dark and am brushing them with a Sterling Pearl Wedding Gold. It isn't even close! I also will be making pearls . What can I do? what color can I color my fondant? Am I asking the impossilbe? It doesn't have to be exact.... but closer than what I have .   thanks for help CC...
can you tell me please what the RLB recipe is ? thanks