Posts by CasperCakeCreations

Could you explain what is meant by wiping the blade after every cut when using the Cricut Cake...is it after a sheet or each design on the sheet? Do you take the blade out of the machine? Also, thank you very much for all of the hints, I never thought about letting the material set before cutting.
I too had the same problem; after much research, I finally found a suggestion that works for me. As soon as I remove the cake from the oven, I use a spatula ( large pancake turner) to press the cake down, which releases excess air that has collected in the gluten framework of the cake. I then let the cake sit the recommended time, usually 5 to 10 minutes, before turning it out onto a cooling rack. If this isn't done as soon as the cake comes from the oven the framework...
Milkmaid42, I too have used MFF, but have never added the white chocolate. Would you please share or PM the techniques you use. Also, I would like to know your recipe for the ganache used to cover a cake. Thanks!
I used white SMBC on the outside of a reveal cake and colored some light blue for the inside. It was lite and tasty...a true hit at the party.
I have used both methods with success; however, be careful with the varnish, you need to apply in in long single strokes, it tends to "ball or bubble up" if you try to brush it on as if it were paint. Also, steam larger areas FIRST and then varnish smaller areas...varnish + steam = disaster!
I have used both methods with success; however, be careful with the varnish, you need to apply in in long single strokes, it tends to "ball or bubble up" if you try to brush it on as if it were paint. Also, steam larger areas FIRST and then varnish smaller areas...varnish + steam = disaster
Thank you very much for the information!
Are you baking in a home oven and if so, do you put 2 - 12's on the bottom and the top racks?
I have had problems with the white Wilton's liners, as well. It seems that the bottom and tops are out of proportion causing them to not fit into the muffin time. I have had to remake orders because the cupcakes as very misshaped and not something that I would want someone to know that I had made.I am having a problem, which I hope someone might answer for me. My liners pull away from the cupcakes after they cool. How can this be prevented? The only liners I can find...
I have tried to decorated with SMBC, but have not been successful. Then consistency is too soft and will not hold it's shape. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.