Posts by pastrymaniac

Thanks everyone :) !
Hi fellow cake decorarators, I am in Europe and I usually buy my fondant online. I have tried several brands, the last one I have been using is ok but still cracks a bit on the eges of cakes (even round edges).   I am looking for a fool proof fondant that streches without tearing, can be rolled thinly, not too sticky and that is pliable enough to be used on cakes with sharp edges, i.e a miracle fondant!!     Suggestions of brands appreciated... that are also sold in...
Hi everyone, does anyone have any idea of what stencils are used on the bottom and top tier of this cake? I have been looking online and haven´t found them :( ...   Are these stencils, onlay mats (I don´t think so) or printed fondant sheets? Suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.   Many thanks  
Hi fellow cake decorators,   I would really appreciate getting different opinions on how much to charge for a wedding cake as follows:   - 3 tiered square cake (16´´, 12´´,8´´) covered with fondant (standard height of 4´´)  I always charge more for square cakes when compared to round ones.      - Decor of the cake consists of satin ribbon around tiers and some gumpaste calla lilies or roses, no piping (nothing too fancy or intricate)   - Flavours are different in...
Hi fellow cake decorators,   I would really appreciate getting different opinions on how much to charge for a wedding cake as follows:   - 3 tiered square cake (16´´, 12´´,8´´) covered with fondant (standard height of 4´´)  I always charge more for square cakes when compared to round ones.      - Decor of the cake consists of satin ribbon around tiers and some gumpaste calla lilies or roses, no piping (nothing too fancy or intricate)   - Flavours are different in...
Thanks for you reply sugarflorist, that seems like a very good tip to try.   Thank you very much kkmcmahan, the way you suggest is the same I was wondering about and that I tried to explain in my post (carving 2 cakes like they were going to be topsy turvy and joining them together at the narrow bases) I am glad that makes sense to you too. I will most certainly attend that Craftsy class, I have attended several others but not that one ;)   Best wishes
Hi fellow cake decorators,   I have this cake design that I LOVE and I would really like to try something with a similar shape. I think it´s what people call the corset shape but I don´t quite know how to carve the cake like that. I admit this cake has been intringuing me for quite a while now.   Here is the link for the cake:   http://www.juxtapost.com/site/permlink/b3e7bd10-f94b-11e1-a213-29c42dde7254/post/white_and_gold_elegance_wedding_cake/   One thing I...
Hi fellow cake decorators,   I have this cake design that I LOVE and I would really like to try something with a similar shape. I think it´s what people call the corset shape but I don´t quite know how to carve the cake like that. I admit this cake has been intringuing me for quite a while now.   Here is the link for the cake:   http://www.juxtapost.com/site/permlink/b3e7bd10-f94b-11e1-a213-29c42dde7254/post/white_and_gold_elegance_wedding_cake/   One thing I...
Thanks Jason, I will get some legal counselling on that.   Best regards
Hi Jason,   thanks that is really a fabulous piece of advice. I still haven´t done that (and I had never thought of it) but I will do it really soon as I think it can be really helpful.   Regarding offloading production activity to slow periods I am already doing a bit of that exactly by making sugar flowers in advance. Many thanks.   Best wishes