Posts by tamashi

Hey Jen! I love the taste of SMBC It's totally my go to frosting! I've read that IMBC is supposed to hold up better because of the way it's made but I'm kinda scared cause it'll be my first time XD I was thinking of freezing the cakes before assembling but then I was worried that when they started to thaw the condensation would mess with the MMF... So tricky! I plan on keeping it out of direct sunlight, hopefully under a nice cool tree. Thanks for your advice and I'll...
Hey everyone! I'm planning on making a farewell cake for my friends that are moving out of state. We're having a bbq at a local spring (1 hour drive from my house) and it will be during a hot Florida day (mid 80s or maybe even in the 90s). I'm arriving late (2pm?) so I don't think the cake will be sitting out for longer than 2 hrs before we cut into it... but you know how life gets sometimes. I'm worried that the cake is going to melt or that it'll turn bad I don't like...
I'm a scratch baker myself Hobby for now but hoping to one day learn enough to start my own business. I know a lot of bakeries use mixes here in the US but I'm curious to know how those in other countries feel about it. Is it just as commonplace? If not: Do you not use them cause they're more expensive, frowned upon, not what your customers want?
Hey there PeggyH I'm a newbie too so I know how hard it can be to try to start up financially and emotionally. My one suggestion is to try websites like allrecipies that have user reviews. If I want to find a new cake recipe I always go by the ones that has the highest score. The great thing about websites like that is that you can learn from others mistakes! Make sure to read the comments and see what ppl have to say about the baked good. Did it turn out dry? Do most ppl...