Posts by yupi

hello, newbie baker here.. i have a vanilla cake recipe that i like, and i want to try and turn it into an orange cake.. i'm planning to add the zest of 1 orange and substitute some of the milk with the juice of that 1 orange, can i do that? the recipe only uses baking powder, do i need to add baking soda? if yes, how many baking soda do i need? thanks in advance for the help..
Could you share what changes you made to perfect it? I baked this last week and it sinks a little while cooling
Thank you all for the answers. I think I'll try baking some easier cake recipes using FullHouse's standard for now and see how it goes
Hi, I'm a newbie baker here. I want to ask about flour weight. Every recipe I've read used cup measurement for flour, so I used some online conversion websites to convert them to grams weight. Problem is, most websites say a cup of AP flour is 125gr, but I tried weighting my flour, and it's only 108gr per cup. I tried weighting a cup of sugar, and I got 200gr, the same weight as the online conversion website, so I guess my measuring cup is good to use. So I want to ask,...
I love white cake! I just made WASC and I really like it. I'll try your recipe next! I just noticed it calls for 3 TBLS of baking powder
I just had the same problem with my first chocolate ganache.. I was only experimenting for 1 layer, so I halved the recipe and used 2.5 oz bitter chocolate (I used 75%), 1 oz butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 6 oz heavy cream (this is where I made a mistake, it was supposed to be 3 oz cream, but I accidentally forgotten to half it, so I used 6 oz instead )..I clean a bit for only 5 mins, and when I go back to the ganache, it's almost impossible to pour Is it...
I'm not sure whether this is the same, but I have this bookmarked from other blog, I downloaded it for my own self tutorial http://www.cakelove.com/podcast_yellow.php
is this the topic you're looking for? I made a strawberry version last month and it's really good http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-594605-0-days0-orderasc-.html not to hijack your topic, but I hope someone can enlighten me as well about SMBC, I saw some recipes using same amount of eggs but with less/more butter and sugar, what does the difference of amount in butter and sugar effected other than flavor? will using different amount of butter/sugar effect the...
I wonder whether we'll ever get the result of this scratch off I want to try making KA's tender white cake, but with no KA brand flour in my country, I'm too afraid it'll fall terribly
what about caster/granulated sugar? is it really 225 grams/cup? I was using other website measurements and it states 1 cup sugar = 198 grams! that's too much difference for me, and like I stated before, I just had a baking problem, the old measurement I used was 106 grams for cake flour and 198 grams for sugar, so I wonder whether this differences are the culprit (looking for other reason than my own faulty mixing method) by the way, that zero-ing feature in digital scale...