Posts by mrslivvix

I need a recipe for a vanilla bean buttermilk cake like they make at the Bittersweet bakery in Chicago or St. Louis. I don't have vanilla beans or paste so I'm not sure if I need this for the recipe. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!
I actually have found several pans at garage sales or auctions or even the thrift stores. Some in great shape and others in not great shape but workable. Look online on Craigs list or somewhere maybe a biz might have closed and they are selling stuff.
Ohhh you all are amazing!! Thank you so much! Now I have to try these all out Thanks for taking the time to post these for me! Love my CC bakers!
I need a great recipe for a sugar cookie that is thicker and tastes better than the regular hard sugar cookies I've tasted. My friend has a recipe and has made hers to decorate and I've tasted them and I don't think they are that great. Too dense and hard. I want one that when you bite into it it's still soft but holds up nicely. More chewy and less crunchy I guess. I bought one at a cupcake shop the other day and it was so delicious and probably close to a 1/2 inch thick....
I just googled this subject and some had put little cowboy hats on top of them and stuck them down into a small tin bucket with some straw looking stuff coming out of it. I thought that was cute. Then a few just turned them upside down and used the stick for the decoration by attaching a small cowboy related picture to the stick. HTH...
maybe dip them in red or pink and draw on them to look like a bandana? Or maybe a cow theme. I'm thinking of a cowboy hat or boots but not sure if theres a way to make that in a cake pop? Good luck with them. I'll be anxious to see what you come up with!
I thought the cake looked great also! I'm not sure if there is a way to keep something so heavy from making indentions into the buttercream. I will keep reading to find out tho. My question is who is Sharon and where are her tips for making the edges so neat? Is there a link somewhere? I need to aquire that skill! Thanks!
Don't feel bad this happens to me also! I live in a small town of 3000 ppl and it's certainly not a rich town by no means. I don't know how many times I have sold myself short and they still sometimes scoff at the prices I charge. They normally go ahead and order it and then love it when they get the cake because I do put time and effort into it. But they have NO idea how much time and effort costs!! I've had lots of repeat customers so they were happy with what they got...
The pic with the lighted bases look just like a vase to me. We use them in our flower shop all the time. So there is another idea...a pretty shaped vase. They are pretty cheap starting out and gets more expensive the more elaborate you get. Def don't use real candles with the cake, that's a disaster waiting to happen! Plus if you light them then put a pad on top it will just smother out the flame because of no oxygen getting to it.
I use the small dowel rods to keep the cake from collapsing but I've never used one big one all thru the cakes. How do you get them thru the cake boards without tearing up the cakes and bottom layers? I guess I'm confused. Maybe I need to look at a video to get the idea...