Posts by cakemeech201

I need to make a cake with the incredible hulk's hand busting out of the top. wondering if there are any good tutorials about modeling hands?? or anyone have any tips??? prettttty pleeeease ps- Im using MMF covered RKT for the 'hand'
i recently started using milkshake straws instead of wooden dowels for support inside my tiered cakes. i'm assuming they're the same thing as bubble tea straws?? my mom found them at bed, bath and beyond for crazy cheap. they've worked really well so far but i've only done large 2 tiered or small 3 tiered cakes with them. i'm wondering how well they'll work for larger 3 and 4 tiered cakes??? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i recently had to ship cookies and cupcakes from pennsylvania to kentucky. i used one of the prepaid boxes from the post office, filled it with paper and added the individually wrapped goodies. well except for the cupcakes, they were on small pieces of cardboard (3 on each) wrapped like CRAZY with plastic wrap and placed in freezer bags. they were only for family so i didn't sweat it much. i'm happy to report they arrived fresh and uncrushed!!!! the cupcakes were in the...
i'm making a dr pepper can shaped cake. what should i mix to get that brownish red color of the can??? please help!!!!!!!!
you could try a buttercream transfer for the ducks? print out a sheet with a bunch of the proper size for your cupcakes and off ya go. i would just try to make sure all the colors match, and the duckies on the blanket match and any other decorations (ie. borders, swags, flowers...) incorporate onto the cupcakes. that will tie everything in together and it'll be as classy or as casual as you like?i really love the yuengling bottle barrel cake in your photos!! i live in the...
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to explain this to me, I really appreciate it!! I'm going to make a new batch later tonight following your instructions. I think I can, I think I can...
what if you went the actual nursery rhyme route? it would literally be a jack and jill cake!! 2-3 tier round cake carved to fashion a hill with a well at the top, and you could even make the couple jack and jill. that would be a fun cake, i'm jealous!
thank you for the link soledad, that's the very first one i watched before trying the bubbles myself. the problem is mine don't look ANYTHING like the pictures lol. sweetflowers, i'm using knox gelatin. i let the gelatin bloom in the water, warmed it in the microwave for like 10 seconds and dipped my balloons. it seemed like it didn't want to stick in some places and got all clumpy in others!! i kept reheating as needed oh it gave me a headache. i managed to get 3...
do your gelatin bubbles have air bubbles on them after the first dip?? mine are bubbly and unevenly coated, will this affect the finished product?? will it get better with more layers??? help please
it's really hard to tell in the pic. i would go with a star tip, you'll get a similar look. there are many sizes of star tips to choose from, 24, 26, 28 just to name a few... good luck and post a pic when you're finished so i can seeeee!!!!