Posts by tryingcake

I'm pretty ruse. I've never received a call like this, but I receive the emails all the time. My answer to each and every one:Please put me on your "do not scam" list. Thank you.
Caking is going to becomes just like DJ-ing. I have a full service event company. We do everything, cake, DJ, catering, coordinating - decorating, everything. Just a few years ago DJs easily got $1200 for a wedding. Now, we are lucky to get $500 and $350 is more typical. iPods have killed us. People now DJ their own weddings. Is it the same service and quality? Heck no! Can we convince them of this before it's too late? Heck no! I see the same thing happening to...
I replace some of the water with sour cream or flavored yogurt. I substitute the oil with applesauce.
I firmly believe we should go with industry standards. It's the same as women's clothing. For this designer I wear a size 8 - for that one a 10 but I even have a few size 4's that fit great. What a crock! Women's clothing used to have an industry standard and I wish they would go back to that. So, I stick with the industry standard for cakes. Which I personally feel is enough cake for any one person, dinner included or not. It's cake for Pete's sake. It's not...
Oh - like a center dowel?
We all agreed to that from the beginning. Many people don't understand the difference between home use and not charging or not making a profit. That's was my point from my first post before we were all forced into a tangent. You can use/make an image for HOME USE. You cannot charge. You cannot cover your costs. You cannot leave your home with said design. You cannot carry it to your niece's birthday party at your sister's home, your Dad's retirement party at the...
I'm sorry - and I'm sure I'm wrong - you all will be real quick to holler at me that I am. But none of this sounds secure at all. BC is the only thing keeping your plate from sliding? The legs don't lock into the plate below, just gravity? You guys have been lucky is my opinion. Tipping the cake 30 degrees is not a lot. Cakes can handle being tipped like that for quite sometime. I tip mine a considerable amount while piping on side decorations while only using...
I have a hard time believing that anything I copy from a coloring book would not be infringing on someone's copyright's somewhere. They don't even want you drawing him freehand. Why would I be allowed to copy their product from anywhere anyplace anyhow?
The problem being most don't ask.
Go ahead and copy Mickey from a non-Disney site and see if they can't come after you and the site you downloaded it from. I would think that would be treated the same as receiving stolen property. Maybe you didn't steal it - but you are still guilty.