Posts by Tiramisu

The ice cream sandwiches were the hit of the party. Here's what I did-I used the Chewy Choc Chip recipe for Alton Brown. The recipe makes 18 4-4.5 in cookies. After the cookies where completely cooled, I used a 4" round cutter to "cut out" the cookie to make them all uniform. I then froze the cookies unwrapped on parchment papers (about an hour or two). Next, I scooped a serving of slightly softend ice cream in the center of one cookie (bottom side up) and sandwich the...
Thanks for the suggestion manatee19.
Thoughts and opinions please. I am making 3 dozen Chocolate Chip Cookie ice cream sandwiches. I will bake the cookies and put the sandwiches together on Saturday to be served on Sunday. I don't want the cookie to be too hard to bite into. A firm chewy texture is what I am looking for. Should I start out with a crisp firm cookie -will the ice cream soften up the cookie overnight in the freezer? Or start out with a chewy recipe? I am aiming for the firm chewy texture...
Thoughts and opinions please. I am making 3 dozen Chocolate Chip Cookie ice cream sandwiches. I will bake the cookies and put the sandwiches together on Saturday to be served on Sunday. I don't want the cookie to be too hard to bite into. A firm chewy texture is what I am looking for. Should I start out with a crisp firm cookie -will the ice cream soften up the cookie overnight in the freezer? Or start out with a chewy recipe? I am aiming for the firm chewy texture...
I use Sweetex and add powdered milk with the water. Comes out great every time.
I think you both should be very proud of this cake. I even like the gold color - very striking with the ribbon trim. When mixing colors for my cakes I have to constantly remind myself to stop when I begin to think I want it a little darker. The colors always deepen upon setting.
I use box mixes all the time. My first choice is Betty Crocker and then Duncan Hines. They both produce a great cake. Sometimes when baking larger cakes I will use one box of BC and one of DH in the same flavors. I think the secret to a moist cake is to not overbake.
I think this is a blessing in disguise. It sounds as if you know this guy would make the work environment unbearable. Not good! Besides, I would not be surprised if the owner calls you back when this guy gets fired. The fact the owner still wants to do business with you means he respects your skills and the products you deliver.
Hi Lisa- my brother in law lives in Shelby Twp. If you can't find the bakery items at the Costco near you, try the one I go to in Auburn Hills. It is on Brown Rd between Joslyn and Baldwin- right across from Great Lakes Crossing.
Absolutely adorable! I agree with others comments on the writing-fantastic job. I know there are techniques one can use to help with writing on cake. but I am challenging myself to perfect my free style writing. Whenever I can I practice my writing. When I am done decorating a cake and have a little leftover icing in a bag, I store the decorator bag in a ziploc for practice writing later - after I have cleaned up the mess and recovered from the current project.