Posts by mzunique

I've tried to post a pic of mine but I can't figure out how! If you're interested take a look at my picks, you can't miss it
Hi, I just made my first football this past week and am very pleased with it. I put together some rkt's, and carved a bit off of the ends to make it a bit more pointy, then moulded it freehand to the desired shape. I then iced it very lightly and covered in chocolate fondant. I didn't make the texture which I wish I could have, and next time I will try using an actual football deflated. But overall it was good for my first time. I hope this helps, and good...
Hi, I just made my first football this past week and am very pleased with it. I put together some rkt's, and carved a bit off of the ends to make it a bit more pointy, then moulded it freehand to the desired shape. I then iced it very lightly and covered in chocolate fondant. I didn't make the texture which I wish I could have, and next time I will try using an actual football deflated. But overall it was good for my first time. I hope this helps, and good...
Thanks for the great advice! So what are opinions as far as driving with the cake stacked or unstacked? Should I put it together at the venue, or drive it over ready? Also, can anyone here tell me how much I should charge for the delivery fee? I don't want to overcharge, but with gas prices what they are I want to make sure I don't short change myself either. The drive time will be 2 hours round trip, 40 miles one way. Thanks again!
WoW! Thank you so much! You've both given me amazing advice and tips! I appreciate it so much! I will be doing EVERYTHING said here lol!
Hi everyone! I'm just starting out, and have gotten my first order for a wedding cake. The client asked me if I can deliver the cake the day of or if she should pick it up herself. I want to tell her I don't mind delivering it (for a small additional fee) but I am so nervous that something will happen to it during delivery! Does anyone have any tips ideas or advice for me?! Thanks so much in advance!
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely let you all know how it works out!
I definitely know how you feel! This just happened to me when I made my friend a very detailed flower pot cake for her mother's birthday. I charged her cost and made that very clear to her. I'm also unemployed and it took me 25 hours to make as I'm a newbie. Since I've known her over 10 years, I really thought she'd throw me a few dollars extra for the awesome cake I made for her, and she didn't give me a dime more. It's honestly not about the money, it's about the...
I definitely know how you feel! This just happened to me when I made my friend a very detailed flower pot cake for her mother's birthday. I charged her cost and made that very clear to her. I'm also unemployed and it took me 25 hours to make as I'm a newbie. Since I've known her over 10 years, I really thought she'd throw me a few dollars extra for the awesome cake I made for her, and she didn't give me a dime more. It's honestly not about the money, it's about the...
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new at this, and I've just recently started getting requests for different cakes. My SIL requested a motorcycle cake to feed about 30 people and I'm really not sure how to start this! I've researched as much as possible but I'd really appreciate any advice I can get! Places to look for tutorials on such a project would also be helpful! Thanks in advance!