Posts by areinsbach

Please check out the MN Cottage Food Law Facebook page! There have been some new things (pretty important) going on in Minnesota within the last week. Thanks! ~Amanda
Hi! Please check out the MN Cottage Food Law page on FB for more current information. We are hoping to get this passed this year, still! Sign the petition, print out the MN Cottage Food Law flyer (on the FB page) and hand it to others to help us gain support and for others to sign the petition, too. We are always updating the FB page, so follow us, ask questions, and see all the posts for ways you can help! Thanks! Amanda
I have been looking for a space to rent and live in the twin cities, MN area. I have been looking for two years with no luck! :( I have been working with a few other ladies and trying to get this MN Cottage Food Law Passed! Everyone, please check out the MN Cottage Food Law Page for more information! Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/pages/MN-Cottage-Food-Law/208021329240966
Yeah, they are really strict when it comes to running a food business from your home. It has to be a seperate building with it's own door and not have any acces to the home. There are way too many regulations! They pretty much make it impossible to do, unless you rent a commercial kitchen or buy a store front and convert that to your commercial kitchen. Also, most home associations won't allow it, either. That is exactly the reason why MN needs to follow the 33 other...
Just saw all these comments now. I guess I don't get onto CC much. Too busy! I don't know why I am not emailed about these responses....:( Anyways, MN is well on their way now to getting this passed! Almost to 700 signatures! I am hopefull that it will be passed by 2013! :)Please continue to spread the word about this. Check out the FB page. It's MN Cottage Food Law on FB. The petition is also on the page, for you to sign and spread the word! PLEASE! :)   I wouldn't...
We are trying to get the Minnesota Cottage Food Law passed in Minnesota! It would allow Minnesota Bakers to bake from their home legally! Please read this detailed letter to learn more about it!American traditions were founded on patriotic pride, helping our fellow-man, working hard, and believing in our rights and freedoms. It was all about being an American and Mom’s Apple Pie. For a while now these things have slowly been taken away from us. It’s as if we are supposed...
Hello to all the MN bakers out there! I am posting about the MN Cottage Food Law that is out there trying to get passed. Here is the information about it: I, petition my Minnesota state legislators to enact a Cottage Foods bill authorizing the Minnesota Department of Agriculture to issue customized Home Bakery licenses/permissions to residential kitchens for the purpose of selling non-potentially-hazardous bakery products, such as, but not limited to: breads, cakes,...
I did the owl with gumpaste. The body part was two ovals stuck together with lollipop sticks in the middle. It actually worked out great! I am so relieved! It is all decorated and looks adorable! Thanks so much all for your help! MUCH APPRECIATED!Now for the lollipops.....I did them and they are all almost done (3 more to do). I am attaching them to the side of the cake and putting a piece of ribbon along the bottom edge of the stick/boarder of the cake. So, my question is...
Ok, so I am doing a two tiered cake (photo attached) with a big owl on the top and lollipops on the sides. I did the owl in brown fondant. I did three ovals (pushed together) for the body and attached the ears and put three wires in the middle. My question is will this actually stand up on the cake? How long does it need to dry to stand up on the cake? It is Thursday and I made the body today (I still have to add a few more things to it tomorrow morning) and I need to...
So, should the whole transfer be pipped in Wilton premade icing in the tube? I am doing this next week and need to know what kind to use. I was going to use Wilton Black icing in the tube and then use Medium or thin? homemade buttercream for the rest of the FBCT......any help would be great! I have never done one before.....Thanks! I just want to be sure that it doesn't crack or bleed.....