Posts by QTCakes1

Dude, sell yourself! My minimum is $150 and that gets you a 2-tiered cake that serves 30 MAX! So, an average 3-tiered cake (6-9-12) is about $500. Ain't no way in hades am I doing a 3-tiered cake for $175! I'm not the cheapest, but I'm not the most expensive. Sell yourself!
I buy Fondx, cause I got tired of making it and I get great results. It was worth it to me. I will make MMF for cookies though. I think homemade MMF taste pretty good for a fondant and I think that is what counts for a cookie.
The closes thing I ever saw was at a cake show and it looked like metalic glitter. The had gold, silver, red, blue, and I want to say anither color, but I can't remeber. You could also use it like gold leafing. I can't think of who made it. They said it was food edible and covered an entire cake in it, cause it was made of mica.
Me too, non-refundable deposit and boy does it save a lot of trouble to be paid in full 30 days out.
I thought you gave great advie. And for the record Kellym and MANY people on here agree with her views. She has never done anything to warrent banning. If that is the case, as often as SCP has been called on her condescending and rude attitude dressed up as "no nonsense busines advie" then she would be banned. She has been called on this many times. JasonKraft would then be banned for his' instigating ways. I believe it was Blakescakes that totally called him on it when he...
I like fondx and fondx elite. The fondx taste like MMF, but like it's been mixed with a little shortenig. Not bad, just really okay. But covers and rolls out nice. Fondx elite taste like raspberry chococlate, which I though I would totally hate, cause I HATE the artificial taste of chocolate, and I am not even a big fan of regular chocolate, but it actually taste pretty good. It rolls out just as nice and covers really good as well. And I know a lot of people like to use a...
Actuaslly you don't need to sand the edges. I just covered a sharp edge dummy with none of the issues I thought I would have. In fact, I ahve dummies with rounded edges and I ahve to say it was easier to cover the sharp edge dummy. What I suggest is once you cover it in piping gel or shortening or whatever you use, have someone hold the opposite side in place. Once you get the fondant on, work down over it and it should stay in place. My 11 year old held it on one side...
I'm not sure what type of cake your making, scratch or mix or even what type of scrtach cake, but it should be fine.
I honestly do not like decorating day of. I might finish off some details, but I am not doing complete decorating. Things can go wrong and you may not have time to fix. Here is my typical schedule:1st day: bake2nd day: fill, frost, crumbcoat, final coat3rd day: decorate4th day: finish any details if any left, deliver
I honestly do not like decorating day of. I might finish off some details, but I am not doing complete decorating. Things can go wrong and you may not have time to fix. Here is my typical schedule:1st day: bake2nd day: fill, frost, crumbcoat, final coat3rd day: decorate4th day: finish any details if any left, deliver