Posts by lucieland

Hi, can anyone help me!! Currently I use the crisco crusting buttercream for everything as it is so yummy, but I am having a huge issue using it for a crumb coat, I cannot get it to firm up in the fridge, and then it lets the fondant slip when I put it on, causing many many issues, and re rolling of fondant. Also do people put the fondant in the fridge before using to stop it stretching and cracking/splitting as easy. Sorry for all the questions, but I am fairly new to...
what about chocolate fingers? A lot cheaper than cigarellos as well!
Hi there, I am new to this website, and this group, and even to cake making but I am loving it. I have a couple of questions though, I don't know what all the acronyms mean on this site, some I think I have managed to work out, but there are others I don't know, so if anyone can help it would be great. Also I have been making a 'normal' cake batter, 200gms caster sugar, 200gms self raising flour, 200gms stork (would I be better using normal unsalted butter), and 4 large...
I hope I am not re posting, and just adding more clutter to the forum, but I have been banging my head against a wall trying to find any paper/kitchen towel in the UK that is anything like the viva brand (if anyone has found anything then please let me know!!!)So, wandering round my flat today, I came across a scrap of faux silk material, and thought I would give it a go.......well it worked fabulously, and because it was such tight threads, it did not leave a pattern on...