Posts by Crazyforcupcakes

I just received my order today from A Specialty Box. I really liked the quality of the cake ball holders, and was only disappointed because the top and bottom do not "click" together to close; the top just lays on the bottom. This could be remedied by using decorative tape, stickers or ribbon to keep them closed. The website shows white boxes with the plastic holders inside, which is probably the correct way to use them, but I like the look of the cake balls inside the...
I found some really nice plastic boxes made especially for cake balls at www.aspecialtybox.com.  I ordered both the 6 and 12 cake ball sizes.  As soon as I get them, I'll report back!
I found that it was impossible to bake the bottom and the top parts at the same time and have them turn out right.  If you bake the top part until it's done, the bottom is still gooey inside.  If you bake until the bottom is done, the top is burnt.  It's a pain, but I always bake them separately so that I can control the baking time.
The other thing you need to consider, if it is really that hot on her wedding day, is that the cake pops may start slipping and/or falling off the stick since the chocolate would melt somewhat. Would she consider cake balls in pretty cups instead?
I'm not a lot of help, but to answer one of your questions, "Am I crazy?" My answer is "YES!!!"
I haven't been to a winner's cupcake shop, but I have tried the cupcakes from Kissi's Cakes in Columbus, Ohio. (she was eliminated in the 2nd round on the soccer episode.) I think her cupcakes are pretty good, and her cake balls are delicious!
Here's a video that shows how it works:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/06/sprinkles-cupcake-atm-see_n_1324305.html
Here's a video that shows how it works:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/06/sprinkles-cupcake-atm-see_n_1324305.html
I baked mine right in the petal liners and they turned out just fine.
Bonniebakes, perhaps "fail" was too strong a word. Maybe it's true that as bakers, we expect more! By the way, the chocolate/peanut butter cupcake was also great, and my husband declared the mocha, which I wouldn't even try because I hate coffee, was fantastic!