Posts by kimboann

Thank you so much for the help. I have heard of Bettercreme and may give it a try. Will this hold up better as well? I have to deliver the cake the day before the wedding therefore preparing it 2 days prior. Say a prayer all goes well!
I have been asked to make a whipped cream icing wedding cake. Two-tier, not huge. I cannot talk the bride out this choice. The cake will be refrigerated and it is a small, indoor reception. My problem is I have never piped whipped cream icing and am not familiar with its properties. Can I pipe in detail? Should I pipe using royal icing instead? Can I color as usual? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I'm not extremely experienced so I usually read a lot on here and go with my gut on how many straws. I do however put a dowel all the way through. I feel safer that way. HTH.
The milkshake Straws are what I am talking about. That's what I use and have no problems. They are fatter and longer than regular straws. And I don't have to pay shipping. I just don't bake enough cakes to need a bunch. But hey whatever works.
The milkshake Straws are what I am talking about. That's what I use and have no problems. They are fatter and longer than regular straws. And I don't have to pay shipping. I just don't bake enough cakes to need a bunch. But hey whatever works.
I haven't made many tiered cakes but when I have I've used the bubble tea straws with great success. i just saw them at Bed,Bath and Beyond.
I have a friend who so wants to do a dessert truck with me but I am of course a chicken. Love, love that you are actually doing it! best of luck to you! Love your slogan too!
Clikstix is the correct spelling and are available at Global Sugar Art as well as many other online stores. Try Googling (real word...lol) it again.
So glad I came across this topic. A store near me just started selling LorAnn Oils and am wondering how to use them. Love this site and all the help it offers!