Posts by KimmyKatCakes

I have a client who wants this look, but not sure how to do it. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!
I would probably take me from rolling to dipping to finish work about 20 min each I guess. I am going to try to make one tomorrow to see what the actual time is. It is for a friend, but I am no longer offering huge discounts for friends. She is also trying to make me feel bad for not making the cake.She can't afford it she says, but yet she can set up a whole table from pinterest ideas, LOL   I agree, I tend to overprice certain orders higher, so if I do get hired...
I have someone who is wanted these scrolled cake pops. I quoted her $4 each. I am a registered home bakery and have an EIN # with IRS, so I do collect taxes.    Does this seem high?        
Thanks everyone for helping. I did try the black before I posted the message, but it did not help. I was finally able to get a hold of the client and we went with the original order of black on the bottom 3 tiers and purple on the top. I do have to say that was the least of my issues with this cake. She wanted feather boas on each layer and they just about covered up any design I had done on each tier. I tried to cut them down and boy was it a MESS! So NO more feather...
I have a cake due tomorrow. I have been really sick all week, but am working through it, so my mind is not exactly 100% right now. The client wanted a 4 tier topsy turvy "purple" fondant cake. Well after 3 days of hoping the purple would darken, it just won't. In the beginning and middle of waiting for this order to become due, the client had expressed concerns about the cake looking "barney" color ( I told her from the start that trying to match fondant to a fabric color...
Thanks for the help. I am off to make them tonight without the meringue, LOL
I am making the white chocolate ganache frosting (found it here on CC and it is super yummy)for wedding cupcakes and am wondering if I can add some meringue to make it stiffer? Or if not that, what could I use?Thanks!
I am a new baker and business from home and just had my first tasting yesterday. I had the couple meet me at Starbucks (a place in between our homes). I had a cupcake holder that was plastic with a snap hood with carry handle. Inside I had several decorative cupcake liners. Inside the liners I had a sample of the three flavor cakes and then I had six cupcake liners filled with the variety of flavors they asked to sample. I then provided a fork, plate and knife for each...
Thanks everyone. I did email them and ask why they needed it. The order was for 52 dozen cake pops, some were custom made as teeth and a custom holder done in a race car, checkered flag design. It was $960, so it was a larger sum of money for sure. It did come in handy back then as we found a bee hive in our home a week later and that set us back $1200!Happy Holiday baking!
I bake mostly cake and cake pops, but have a few weddings who are requesting cupcakes. Do you have a brand of liner that is better to keep them moist and does not cause them to stick or make the liner bend? I am using WASC basic and then changing flavors based on what they have ordered. Then as far as wrappers go, do you have a favorite place to order from? I need solid brown (not so hard to find), but also a sage green solid color as well. Wedding is in February, so I do...