Posts by kristiemarie

FYI I used 5 pounds.  LOL
Oh and dark colors...STAIN.  Beware!  I'm gonna have a room full of purple mouthed kids tomorrow!   And I made this for my daughter...not a paying customer.  Thank goodness because it wouldn't have been the original design!
Ok so i called the place i got it from and she said take it out of the fridge!!  So i brought it to room temp and then mixed it again on low/med.  It still isn't how i wanted it but it worked.  This time.  I hate the flavor. I hope that the guests don't!     I was able to do the ruffles but not the flowers.  And I didn't even attempt to smooth it!  I won't be using it any time soon for anything but it was what my MIL wanted and she is paying for the cake soooooo, I...
I called the place I got it from and they gave me a few tips...the cake didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it but I think it's pretty good!  I gave up trying to smooth it.  LOL   I won't be working with Bettercreme any time soon that's for sure!!   Here is my dd's Sofia the First cake!!    
I can't do anything with it.  I can't make ruffles.  I can't make roses.  I can't do a darn thing with it.  It's miserable and the party is Saturday.  I have 6 POUNDS of bettercreme and now I don't know what to do with it.  :(     I am sitting here crying because my cake is ruined.   The icing is so fluffy and airy I can't even make the darn thing smooth. 
Nothing guys?  Wahhh! :(
FYI, i put it in the oven at 170 for a few and then turned it off leaving the tiara in.  Honestly, it's gotten way harder.  I've done this a few times now.  Make sure that you keep the tiara, if that's what you're doing, on the bottle/can.  It does get soft in the oven.     This thing is going to be salvagable!!!
Honestly, the times my mc has turned out I've used TollHouse morsels.  No kidding.  
A-May-ZING!
So I can get the premade stuff in pounds.  I'm wondering if 6 lbs will be enough.  I'm using it to crumb coat and then decorate with ruffles and swirly roses.  The 6" will be the roses.  The 8" will be plain frosted and the 10" will be ruffles.     Do you think this will be enough?     Thanks veteran bakers!